Need a Diamond Wheel

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chainsaw1

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I will be needing a diamond wheel for my Maxx Grinder i would like to buy one from someone here if i could. thanks Kirk

What you'll probably get is not a true diamond wheel, but a BORAZON wheel - a lot less expensive than Diamond and almost as good..

Borazon - no Diamond - yes. I've touched up carbide chains with borazon, but the wheel specifically said "not for use on carbide". You might want to reconsider grinding carbide anyhow - real bad stuff to have around the workshop,and in your lungs..

Well i guess i will not sharpen carbide chains, I did not know that their was a health hazard and i only have 1 anyhow. I would still like to get a wheel though and that different kind sounds great. Where would i find one. I have looked on line but no luck.

chainsaw1 said:
Well i guess i will not sharpen carbide chains, I did not know that their was a health hazard and i only have 1 anyhow. I would still like to get a wheel though and that different kind sounds great. Where would i find one. I have looked on line but no luck.

Bailey's has them.

Thank You i just ordered 1 of the cyclones from Baileys. Hope i like it for $200

These are ABN wheels.

ABN = amorphous boron nitride

From Wikipedia:

Borazon, a boron nitride allotrope, is the third hardest artificially produced substance, after aggregated diamond nanorods and man-made diamonds, respectively. Borazon is a crystal created by heating equal quantities of boron and nitrogen at temperatures greater than 1800 °C (3300 °F) at 7 GPa (1 million lbf/in²). Borazon is the only substance other than ultrahard fullerites or another diamond that can scratch a diamond. A diamond will also scratch Borazon

CBN, also known as Borazon, is used to grind hardened steels. Very tough, these wheels are normally run wet..

Reddog said:
CBN, also known as Borazon, is used to grind hardened steels. Very tough, these wheels are normally run wet..

Has anyone ever thought about setting up a wet run chain grinder using these wheels? Can't help but think you'd get a better grind and the wheels would last even longer....

Latest posts

Back