Need advice on 346xp fuel lines

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marsingbob

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have a 346xp that I bought from Neal Murphy on this site about 4 years ago. He rebuilt it with a Meteor piston and it has been a great saw. I use it pretty regularly and have put quite a few hours on it. Absolutely no problems until today while filing it with fuel it leaked out of the right side of the case. A line leading from the primer bulb has detached from the carburetor. Fuel spurts out when I press the bulb so I am pretty sure it is the "in" line to the carburetor. There is a nipple on the carburetor where it detached and a black plastic fitting on the line that pretty clearly fits on the nipple. Can I just press the fitting back on? Do I need to replace the line and fitting as well if it feels solid when I attach it?
A more basic question. Is it time to replace the fuel line and filter from the tank to the carb? Should I replace the primer bulb and both lines from it? I do not know how old the existing lines are. I am pretty sure Neal replaced the lines because he did things right, but I guess I do not know for sure that he did. Even if I assume he did is it time to replace the fuel line from the tank to the carb after 4 years of pretty heavy use anyway? How about the primer bulb and lines? The saw runs great but it looks like replacing the fuel line and filter is pretty simple and inexpensive as a preventive maintenance item.
I do not know if Neal still posts on this site, but if he does his advice would be particularly welcome.

Latest posts

Back