Need another midsize saw....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Redoakranch

Redoakranch

ArboristSite Operative
You seem well equipped to make that decision yourself! :D

Troll you're too nice today, the question is freaking me out since he already owns the saws, nobody elses opinion will be as good as his???? That being said the question between those saws is the hardest question you could ask someone with CAD, I want both, and need neither.

elanjoe

elanjoe

ArboristSite Guru
for sure go with the 372xp the 562xp is a pile I know cuz I have 5 of them in our shop now and they are beotch to work on

they are actually fairly nice to work on, I have only had two back in the shop , one for a warm start issue and this one which is bringing up code 17 " engine seizing" " low idle " , but looking at the run time compared to throttle position , I would say it is cold seizing ? due to start up then WOT, no warm up period. overall good designs and husky seems to be working well with the dealers getting this warranty stuff covered. even if " operator error" may play a role , I really dont have anything against the 562, probably the best stock out of the box performance for any saw.

dominic

dominic

ArboristSite Member
My friend bought a 545 on my advice and couldn't be happier.

So, I am not a 5-series "hater."

That said, I'd grab another 372 while you can still get them.

My .02 cents

SawTroll

SawTroll

Information Collector
Maybe in your neck of the woods.. Heck, I will be impressed if I can have a 543 in my hands before the end of this year, let alone a 572.

The 543 allegedly is out here - but I don't really care. It is lighter than the MS241 and the PS-420/421 - but still too close to some 50cc saws, considering the loss of power.

That is just my opinion though - some others will of course have different opinions! :msp_biggrin:

Latest posts