need carb help with older homelite saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madmax

General Fart Around
Reaction score
Hope Im not asking a question thats been answered a million times, but I run acrossed an old Homelite the other day for a really good price,(free), cant find the model number, but its gotta be one of the bigger ones, it has the fuel tank on top, about where the air breather is on the newer ones, the oil tank, (or filler cap), is about halfway up the right side, and it has a gear reduction between the crank and the sprocket. I preset the the hi-lo adjustments at the 1 turn out and got everything working decent, except u still have to "pump" the throttle to get it to wind up. The carb looks a lot different from the ones Im used to and so my question is, am I even close to adjusting it right, or do those old saws know tricks I havent heard of before?
Thanks

The L mixture screw may need to be readjusted so engine will accelerate cleanly without hesitation. With a clean air filter and saw warmed up, adjust the L screw (CW) to get highest rpm then back it off (CCW) about 1/8 to 1/4 turn. Readjust in small increments from there to get it to accelerate properly.
Madsens has a nice explanation and a couple wav files so you can listen to a saw being adjusted.
http://www.madsens1.com/sawtune.htm

Latest posts

Back