Need Help ! Big Mac ID

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spindrift7mm

Changing the World One Saw at a time !
Reaction score
Just done some swapping and got a Mac 125 ? ,not sure what model any help will be appreciated.
Description; Big and yeller,black tank and cover,black recoil lfhd, yeller clutch cover wo/brake ,tilly 124A, bore is 2.23 measured thru ex port and looks to be chrome, no muffler, cyl cover yeller w/safety start label by decomp, NO numbers on block that I can find but all yellow paint is thick and glossy except cyl paint looks flat, tag in carb hsg is missing, AF cover has no decals or remanants of any. Under all the dirt saw seems in very good shape with all hardware looking OEM and not been disassembled.
Saw was locked up but a light soak broke it loose. I should have taken pic before tear down but it looked so crappy and I figured a positive ID would be under the crap on the block, no such luck.468.JPG 469.JPG

Ken
... it's a SP125. If it has the chrome bore, then SP125C. Great saws, I've got a few of each and love to run them every chance I get! Looks like its tore down, plenty of parts around to repair what it needs, cylinders and pistons are a little tough to get but not impossible.

Back