Need help getting stihl 056 running

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where do the new wires get routed to not get grabbed by the flywheel? I'm trying to remember back to working on my father in law's 041, but I seem to remember that there was little room for error. Maybe bigger saw has more room? Maybe since his was the SEM ignition the whole thing looks different?

Would love some pics of the repaired module mounted on the saw.

20160612_181931.jpg
The saw is still at a shop today, so I can't mount it or test it. But i will hopefully get it picked up tomorrow. This is the final product. Word to the wise, the PC bussing that was mentioned in the rebuild post is very sensitive. It's a thin strip of tinned copper that is layed on a silicone circuit board. When I tried to solder to it the first time it lifted right off the silicone and tore off. Luckily there was a bit left hanging out of the resin filling that I could scab onto before filling it back in.

The green wire is the ground that runs under the flywheel and up to the kill switch. I believe the original poster routed all three along that same path. I used larger gauge wire, #12 THHN, because it's what I have in the shop. We'll see if the extra bulk in wire size becomes an issue...

The bigger wire size definitely made it a bit tricky, but not impossible. There is a channel that is deeper than the rest of the flywheel housing for the spark plug wire to sit in. luckily there is plenty of room for a few more wires. If you can find a way to get into that groove, you're safe.

Latest posts

Back