Need help guys

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If, a big if, it's not the carb the only other thing that I can think of to cause flooding might be a clogged fuel tank vent. I am sure that you have checked all the fuel system components lines, filter, routing, etc.
Of course my usual cause of flooding is I forget to flip my kill switch back to RUN.

So here’s an old trick I learned for starting a flooded saw, turn the saw upside down hold the throttle wide open and try starting. I usually have the bar on a log when I do this. Works every time for me!

Or wedge you foot under throttle to hold wide open and start pulling until it pops. Then let throttle down and start. By chance is your muffler screen plugged.

I don't have much experience with ported saws but is there any chance the compression is so high now that there is too much pulse pressure and it's pulling too much fuel? I agree with others, either stiff diaphragm or the arm is too high, or maybe a piece of dirt got into the needle?

I pulled the carb off, diaphragm looks good. I’m wondering if the pulse is too strong now as well. Would moving the arm fix that?

I’ll take one tomorrow, it’s dark here now. I’ll put my ported 372 and modded 394 on there for good measure too!

Latest posts

Back