Need help in NW CT

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Howdy There,

My name is TJ Morris. I saw your post on ArboristSite about needing some help in CT.

Without chewing your ear off, here we go:

I am familiar with CT, mostly the western part of the state, as I was involved in a project there for United Illuminating and CLnP as a Project Manager, to install several miles of burried power.

I am currently working in the Rio Grande Valley in South Texas, spitting distance from Mexico. I am Managing a project here to install a couple thousand wind turbines on the gulf shores.

I like the work that I am currently doing very much, but in the last 2 years with my current company, I have had several instances of bad pay checks, no pay checks, no per diem, no health insurance (though promised repeatedly) no expense checks, and just an overall financial nightmare trying to do business with my own central office. I havent had a good pay check in the last 3 weeks.

I used to own and operate Morris Enterprises, and Arboriculture company in upstate New York. I had several of my own trucks, a Fitchburg chuck-and-duck with a ford 361 industrial and a hand clutch, a JD 650 dozer, and a whole bunch of other toys. I sold most of my gear a few years ago when I got back into the underground utilities business.

I still have several Stihl saws, some 066's, some 036's, some 026s, an HT101 pole saw... I also still have my saddle and spurs too, though being a stout fella, climbing has never been my strong suit. I have a truck already in connecticut, a ford ranger, and I have a new ford F150 here in TX.

I think I do a good job with a saw. In 5 years in business working with trees, I spent 68 bucks on advertising- for business cards. All of my work was from word-of-mouth referrals.

I have experience in residential trimming and removal, right-of-way, timber harvesting, all the good stuff.

I would really like to get back into trees, and more so than that, I need a job that is going to pay.

If you like what you have read and would like to discuss the possibilities further, feel free to write back, or give me a call.

TJ Morris
508-922-8402
:cheers:

Wow! Sounds like you will be in high demand! Good luck TJ!

what town are you out of?

Litchfield, I've heard of alpine before, years ago they bought up a local company-then gave it back a few years later. It turned out the guy used to like to get drunk at company partys and bars, and walk out of the mens room with nothing but a waitresses apron on. True story, lol. Oh, wait, I may be wrong maybe the was The Care Of Trees I was thinking of, sorry.

Last edited:

There must be more than one alpine. I started this company about three years ago and sold it last month. Im moving to california in a month and was just looking for something to do a couple days a week if the drive wasnt too long

Latest posts

Back