need help, my new ms880 is a dog

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i thought the same thing when i got mine..
after a few more tanks of fuel it seems to be getting stronger..
how many tanks of fuel have you run through it ??

also, this post would get more attention if you posted it in the chainsaw forum ..

Sent mine to Brad Snelling. After an 084 ignition and non limited carb and just a bit of porting, he was able to have it turn 13,200 RPM with stock being 10,500.

The ignition I bought new from my local dealer and the carb from e bay. Also bought a kit for the card, that was put in.

Hal

Sent mine to Brad Snelling. After an 084 ignition and non limited carb and just a bit of porting, he was able to have it turn 13,200 RPM with stock being 10,500.

The ignition I bought new from my local dealer and the carb from e bay. Also bought a kit for the card, that was put in.

Hal

Are you talking about the latest version with the stainless 2 piece muffler?

How. Can I get the most power.

Not sure what you can do but I do agree that the 880 was not impressive to me. I don't know if I was expecting to be blown away because of the CC's or what, but I was disappointed. I know Gink595 just had his ported because he wasn't happy with his.Link to Ginks Profile

To clarify though, the 880 is by no means built to be a screamer. It is a torque MONSTER and seems near unstoppable under even the heaviest of hands.

Last edited:
Not sure what you can do but I do agree that the 880 was not impressive to me. I don't know if I was expecting to be blown away because of the CC's or what, but I was disappointed. I know Gink595 just had his ported because he wasn't happy with his.Link to Ginks Profile

To clarify though, the 880 is by no means built to be a screamer. It is a torque MONSTER and seems near unstoppable under even the heaviest of hands.

I don't know about that Mark, it seemed to bog down fairly easy I had to be light handed with it, if I didn't get a screaming deal from a friend I would have sold it.

I had Eric Copsey port mine, I haven't got it back yet so I haven't run it but from what Eric says it pulls a 10 pin just fine now. When I get it back I'll get a big bar on it and go cut some large maple rounds and give it a good run through.

[video=youtube;iXMCQC25JZg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXMCQC25JZg[/video]

Frank, a pipe would make it faster :)

Ive never ran a woods ported 100CC saw. Isnt that a shame? :) But I prefer the 90ccs.

I'm not to interested in racing this saw, I don't think I'll ever make a pipe for it. It will go to some GTG's but that's about as good as it gets for that one! Eric said it is capable of some faster time's if I ever want to turn it up.

I think a piped alky 120cc would be tons of fun!

Any machining work done to it? You should try it with a long bar.

See bold text...LOL

I don't know about that Mark, it seemed to bog down fairly easy I had to be light handed with it, if I didn't get a screaming deal from a friend I would have sold it.

I had Eric Copsey port mine, I haven't got it back yet so I haven't run it but from what Eric says it pulls a 10 pin just fine now. When I get it back I'll get a big bar on it and go cut some large maple rounds and give it a good run through.

Latest posts

Back