Need Help! Quadra Fire 7100 FP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STLfirewood

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Does anyone have a fireplace like this or know anything about them I need help with my parents. Going through blowers like crazy at least one a year. Doesn't seem to put out much heat.

Scott

something is wrong

that is a huge unit should put out 90000 btu maybe you should have someone look at it. no heat? are you burning right ie good wood and letting the fire get hot

Does anyone have a fireplace like this or know anything about them I need help with my parents. Going through blowers like crazy at least one a year. Doesn't seem to put out much heat.

Scott

I have a big Osburn, the instructions on the blower say to keep it on if the stove is hot, I guess it wil burn up????

that is a huge unit should put out 90000 btu maybe you should have someone look at it. no heat? are you burning right ie good wood and letting the fire get hot

The fire place store has been out and looked at it a few times. They replaces the blowes under warranty the first time. Blower goes on high when the fire is startedand stays on until it goes out totally. The fireplace burns almost always burns oak. I guess I am going to have to put he bigger fans in it. If you are 10ft from the fireplace you can barely tell it's on. One of the techs said that is all they put out. I don't know what to do this thing wasn't cheap.

Scott

That fireplace should be blasting you out of the room. How dry is your firewood? How long of burn times do you get with a full load? You might have some leaky door gaskets and or excessive draft causing all the heat up out the chimney?

The woo last a long time I can get 6-8hrs and still have a ton of hot coals left in the fireplace. The wood has ranged from very dry oak to somewhat green it doesn't make a difference on heat output. I wouldn't think door seals because it has been like this from day one. When you open doors you get that draft that really makes the fire take off for a few seconds.

Maybe I'll try and call the fctory to see what they can do.

Scott

Are you setting your dampers per the instructions?

Are you properly starting the fire and bringing the stove up to temp before damping it down?

My Quad 5100I heats the whole house from the basement and you cant put your hand in the airstream coming from the top when its putting out good heat.

Sumptin aint right.....

The fire place store has been out and looked at it a few times. They replaces the blowes under warranty the first time. Blower goes on high when the fire is started stays on until it goes out totally. The fireplace burns almost always burns oak. I guess I am going to have to put he bigger fans in it. If you are 10ft from the fireplace you can barely tell it's on. One of the techs said that is all they put out. I don't know what to do this thing wasn't cheap.

Scott

I own a unit from the same company its is just a smaller version (heat n glo northstar) puts out about 60000 btu. It is in my living room that has a 29' ceiling connected to a pretty large kitchen. last night it went to 22 degrees and i had it to 85 degrees inside. now with these units it is said that they are not supposed to blow heat across the room just get the heat into the room. I use a celing fan to blow the heat around and make sure i make the fire good and hot. My unit doesnt get fully hot until about an hour to an hour and a half after i get it going. burn a lot of small wood first and get a good bed of coals than it just cranks out the heat. So some thing is definitely wrong somewhere ether with the unit or the way you are burning. Make sure you fire is hot enough that there is no smoke coming from your chimney

Latest posts

Back