Need Help Racoons and Sweet Corn!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The real problem is the neighbor's trash. I had my garden in the same spot for years. Very little trouble. Not sure how we got I will trash my yard as a means for some show ? My mom lives a near park. The trash by her road and yard was bad. About 3 years ago I picked up the trash. I stayed at it. The other thing I did was one evening I would run the next I would ride my bike. What I got was more people walking and riding bikes. I seen a kid started to throw trash down the other kids had a fit . We dodn.t do that. That place stays clean.

I hope it was not someone's family pet.
When I use conibears (or foothold traps for that matter) I am usually trying to get whatever is killing my chickens. Usually it ends up being raccoons or possums, but I have gotten a few cats over the years. I am tired of people's wandering dogs getting my chickens and rabbits, as they are the biggest problem for me, so if I caught one of them in a conibear it would bother me not a bit. Generally I just shoot them if I catch them getting my chickens or rabbits, but I am not always home when it happens.

I hope it was not someone's family pet.
Last year I believe I trapped over 25 cats. They were whizzing in the out buildings and NOT catching the mice (had a mouse problem). All feral. I actually saw 2 cats and had no idea there were that many around. Only two were female, the rest were Toms. They'd start hissing and growling when I was about 10-15 feet from the live trap and when I got closer they were bouncing off the wire trying to get away. I put out a mixture of muffin mix and baking soda and the mouse problem went away.

None of the cats had collars on them, none were friendly. I talked to the neighbors that are bordering the property and none had any cats. So, I have to assume that none of them were any of the neighbors cats.

Same with the dogs. A few years ago I had trail cam pics of dogs following/chasing deer. So, I showed the neighbors the pictures of the dogs and nobody knew where they came from. I told the neighbors that I was setting out traps for coyotes and if they knew who the dogs belonged to they might want to tell them. I never saw the dogs again.

Latest posts

Back