Need help with 266

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cas101326

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I recently got a nice 266 that was missing carb and carb bolts, bought a kit with air filter and bolts and all but it is the longer style bolts and won’t work. I know the bolt is a m4, but not sure of the length, was going to try to pick one up at fastenall tomorrow if someone could help with dimensions of it. Any help is greatly appreciated excited and can’t wait to fire this saw up

Did you buy oem parts?
I put a cheap chinese 272 kit on a worn out 61 that's not worth spending money on. The bolts that came in the kit were about a 1/4 inch too long, I put small lock washers on them to make it work. Use lock tight if you do this, the washers make the bolts come loose after a tank of gas, I found that out the hard way.

No it was a cheap A.M. kit but it came with bolts and set up that bolt through the block and straight to the cylinder instead of intake block to cylinder then carb to block like mine needs to be

The bolts supplied are m5, the intake block threads are m4. I’ve since measured the length, and exhausted all local options for something that will work. Now I’m having trouble finding the oem parts to order online. Every listing I find is very vague with detail and doesn’t specify which set up the bolts are for

Latest posts

Back