Need help with an old mac 380

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

burch776

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Newly acquired mcculloch 380. Needs parts though. Runs with awsome compression, but needs carb kit, carb adjustment, a little work to the oiler, a chain and a spark plug as well as a choke button, lever and cover as well as an air filter. Can anybody help?

Attachments

• 11059535_699295316870074_4408279468677805898_n.jpg
    11059535_699295316870074_4408279468677805898_n.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 15
Carb kits are available on Ebay for around $30 if it us a flatback carb (no choke) and less for a Tilotson (choke) a new fuel filters is also recommended. Air filters are on Ebay as well. does your carburator have a choke valve or does the rod go down to a shiny box on the side of the carburator? I have a choke/primer button you can have.

That is the flatback carb with a primer pump on the side. The pumps are sealed and not rebuildable, they work or not and no new repacements have been available for a very long time.

If the saw starts well and runs good, I would change the fuel filter and leave it alone. If the primer pump doesn't you can manually squirt some mix down it till it runs on its own. Or you can convert it to a tillotson with a choke.

Dissasemble the carburetor and use spray carb cleaner and compressed air not a dip tank. Do not remove the sealed plugs inside it.

That is the flatback carb with a primer pump on the side. The pumps are sealed and not rebuildable, they work or not and no new repacements have been available for a very long time.

If the saw starts well and runs good, I would change the fuel filter and leave it alone. If the primer pump doesn't you can manually squirt some mix down it till it runs on its own. Or you can convert it to a tillotson with a choke.

Dissasemble the carburetor and use spray carb cleaner and compressed air not a dip tank. Do not remove the sealed plugs inside it.

It seemed to run when primed...but hard to start. Were could I find a tillotson for It?

That one does not have the choke butterfly. It will work but you will not have a choke.

That one does not have the choke butterfly. It will work but you will not have a choke.

Darn, well not to change the subject, but i could also use some help with the oiler, it wont oil when its flat on its bottom, but lean it forward, it splurts out oil, then leaks out the whole tank

Back