Need help with stump grinder!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Butterwood609

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello
I am new to the site and Im having some issues with my stump grinder. Its an older Carlton 2400-4. Recently the cutter wheel started spinning without being engaged. It just spins while it idles. The belt is not tight at all so I have no idea why its doing this. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

There are idler brackets in where the main belt is. Your supposed to engage the clutch (engine off!!!) and position the brackets to where there a couple millimeters away. A dealer could walk you through it. Very easy.

If the belt is all rubber, it can grab the pulleys and the wheel will continue to turn. You need a belt with clutching material in it that will help it slip around the pulleys. The quote above is true for the belt keepers.
There are idler brackets in where the main belt is. Your supposed to engage the clutch (engine off!!!) and position the brackets to where there a couple millimeters away. A dealer could walk you through it. Very easy.

Hope this helps!

Dave
Global Equipment
770-420-6400

Hello
I am new to the site and Im having some issues with my stump grinder. Its an older Carlton 2400-4. Recently the cutter wheel started spinning without being engaged. It just spins while it idles. The belt is not tight at all so I have no idea why its doing this. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!
I owned a 2400-4 in the past. The design on the motor slide caused this. It is hard to get it adjusted correctly. I eat up a lot of boards on my trailer because it would continue to turn. The newer models have a better design on the slide that prevents this. You can put your pin in to keep it from turning. Wished I could help but I dealt with the same problem.

Back