Need help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kybaseball

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I have been using my stove to heat our water all summer long and no trouble till today. Only been loading the stove 1/2 way. Today I put a bunch of bark and really dry wood and the stove has gone crazy. The temp has got to 200 twice today. I have everything button up tight but it won't go down unless I hear the house up. I am running my fan to pull heat off the exchanger. What I am asking is could say 2 wheelbarrow loads of bark do this?

I'm gonna' guess your running an OWB??
The Fan shut off?
Door seals in good shape?
Do you have a fire-pit/burn ring?? Shovel the stuff outta there into your fire-pit,,or wait it out. Open the door very slowly and stand back in case it back drafts..
Never had my stove run away from me,,,maybe you could throw a full load in there and shut it down,,let the mass of wood slow it down/absorb some heat..I dunno, good luck.

Yes it is OWB. I have been putting cold water to it every chance I get. Have the temp set at 160 with a 15 difference and hope this will help out. Fan shuts off doors are sealed good. I think it is the bark that is doing this. What would happen if I was to put water to it and put the fire out?

I wouldn't put water in it just because of the mess it will make. I would probably just try and wait it out. Maybe put a few pieces of really green wood in there to absorb some of the heat when it is drying it out.

Just went and checked the temp and it is down to 143. So I added more water to help cool it down. Still have fan running in exchanger. Maybe by morning it will be down enough to get some of the wood out. I have a shaker grate so I can get some of the bark to go down thur that and empty it out that way. I bet we are the only house out here in the country with AC on upstairs and windows open and heat running down stairs. But what ever it fakes to take care of this well that is what I have got to do. Thanks for your help.

Latest posts

Back