Need help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luv2kut

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have a stihl ms 200 t lately when I'm cutting it will all of a sudden act like it's out of gas and shutoff I've put new fuel hoses on and blew everything out good with air any suggestions would be appreciated I love this saw

Out of gas as in run quicker and stop or just die like you turned it off?

I have a stihl ms 200 t lately when I'm cutting it will all of a sudden act like it's out of gas and shutoff I've put new fuel hoses on and blew everything out good with air any suggestions would be appreciated I love this saw

You need to buy some periods for those sentences! :D

But seriously, you need to provide more details.
  • How long does it run before dying?
  • Once it dies, how do you re-start it? Do you have to wait some time? Does it start right up?
  • Does it have spark when it is "dead"?
  • If you choke it when it is dead, is the sparkplug wet or dry after a few pulls?
It could be as simple as a blocked fuel tank vent or as bad as an intermittent coil.

Sounds like a 'vapor-lock' or your gas tank vent line is clogged.

Next time it happens, quickly un-screw the tank cap and listen for a 'sucking' of air into tank.

Then, try to re-start immediately...if it does...you've found your problem.

J2F

You need to buy some periods for those sentences! :D

But seriously, you need to provide more details.
  • How long does it run before dying?
  • Once it dies, how do you re-start it? Do you have to wait some time? Does it start right up?
  • Does it have spark when it is "dead"?
  • If you choke it when it is dead, is the sparkplug wet or dry after a few pulls?
It could be as simple as a blocked fuel tank vent or as bad as an intermittent coil.
Run time varys every time I use it. In order to restart it I have to choke it. Its like it hasn't been running at all like when I first start it in the morning. The spark plug is dry. I was thinking maybe the o ring??

Out of gas as in run quicker and stop or just die like you turned it off?
It will sputter the same exact way it does when I actually run out of gas. Then I have to choke it and pull a couple of times before it starts again. When its running it sounds and idles perfect.

Sounds like a 'vapor-lock' or your gas tank vent line is clogged.

Next time it happens, quickly un-screw the tank cap and listen for a 'sucking' of air into tank.

Then, try to re-start immediately...if it does...you've found your problem.

I have to choke it and pull a couple times before it will restart. I will listen for the "sucking of air" Monday morning as soon as it happens wich shouldn't be long. What if I don't hear the sucking sound. Could it be the o ring???

Run time varys every time I use it. In order to restart it I have to choke it. Its like it hasn't been running at all like when I first start it in the morning. The spark plug is dry. I was thinking maybe the o ring??
Hope the periods r in the right places. :bowdown:

Try a new fuel filter, and maybe clean the carb? That and the vent.

Don't use compressed air into the carb, just in case you didn't know that.

"The o-ring" what o -ring do you speak of?

Latest posts

Back