need info and parts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cetusd

cetusd

ArboristSite Lurker
I recently pulled out a saw that my dad left me after he passed away. I would like to rebuild, but can't find a model number,it's an old homelite,weighs a ton, all I can find are the letters c7g on the air filter cover and crank housing, any help will be appreciated.

BillW

BillW

ArboristSite Operative
It could be either the C7 or the C 71 or C72 ( last made in 1982).
I have some parts and the illustrated Parts Book.

Thanks
Bill Walcott

Last edited by a moderator:
cetusd

cetusd

ArboristSite Lurker
homelite parts and number

This is the first old saw that i have worked on, are the numbers on a tag or stamped somewhere, the part that i need is the cup that the cranking dogs fit in. If you have one or know where i could find one, please let me know how to get it. Is there any way i could get a copy of that parts list ? I would truly appreciate any help i could get.

cetusd

cetusd

ArboristSite Lurker
C7 parts

I don't have a clue what model it is , the only thing i know is it's heavy. it's a homelite and it has C7G written on it. Is there anywhere i could find a picture of this thing?

toolfreak

toolfreak

ArboristSite Operative
You may want to look at the chainsaw collectors corner website. There are somtimes pictures of certain models in there under the respective manufacturer

toolfreak

toolfreak

ArboristSite Operative
Thanks HiOctane, I could'nt think of the adress. These old homeys are tough, I have an old c-72 in my collection, I use it every chance I get. It will raise the eyebrows of people whom are not around saws much.

Latest posts