need info for stihl 028 woodboss

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chas

Reaction score
I have an 028WB that needs tune up. I have owners manual but wondering if there is a service manual for these.
Also I noticed there is a small plastic tube coming out of top of tank. I assume this is vent tube but it has a small screw in it. How does the fuel tank get air with the screw in it?
thanks for help!!

chas said:
I have an 028WB that needs tune up. I have owners manual but wondering if there is a service manual for these.
Also I noticed there is a small plastic tube coming out of top of tank. I assume this is vent tube but it has a small screw in it. How does the fuel tank get air with the screw in it?
thanks for help!!

Welcome to Arboristsite, home of many squabbles, interesting personalities, and great information...

The air can get past the small gap between the threads and the plastic, but the liquid gets slowed down... Still can leak a bit, but it works, mostly..

The 028WB manual is not available in electronic (email-able) form (unless someone has scanned one) and I'm not showing it as available from Stihl. There are a few places on Ebay that you can get a used manual though...

Latest posts

Back