need IPL for Mcculloch 3-25

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NWCS

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
hey all, trying to fix up this old gear drive Mcculloch 3-25.. down to just 1 problem.. i cant get any fuel flowing from the tank.. i have tried compressed air.. did get some bubbles in the tank but with 60psi not much came through! pulled the internal line out, thats clear. the tank to fuel bowl line and fittings were just replaced today. the swivel fitting inside the tank is turning freely. i have a long section of line attached to the swivel fitting inside the tank and have that filled with solvent trying to flush it clear. but so far no luck!
has anybody dealt with this problem before?

Wheres Bob when you need him? my theory would be the same as yours, something clogging the line, but have you checked to confirm there isnt a kink somewhere?

removed all lines, still no liquid or air flow with nothing attached..

Dedcow, reading on mikes site he talks about a fuel shut off valve, does yours have this?

mikes site link to 3-25 If you read the comments section it talks about it being near the oiler button, I dont know if yours has it or not but maybe that is why no fuel is coming through. Just a thought.

i have the late mass produced version, fuel shutoff is on the bowl identical to a vintage tractor. that is all disconnected right now (one line goes from the tank to the bowl)

hey bob, if nothing else will the tank from my 4-30 fit? (its not the raised center tank like in that pic, its identical to the smooth top 3-25 tank) will go out and check if that tank works right now.

Back