Need manuals and IPL for Stihl 011 AVT

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

intimidator_3

Reaction score
Hello all,

From what I have read most Stihl manuals and IPL's are hard to come by. Does anyone have a saved copy of the manuals and IPL for my saw from before the Giftsofwood site got hammered. I specifically need parts number and descriptions for the AntiVibe mount on the handle beside of the oil cap. I think it is a support Assy and a Annular Buffer and maybe some more parts. Thanks in advance for the help and a great site!

Dale

intimidator_3 said:
Hello all,

From what I have read most Stihl manuals and IPL's are hard to come by. Does anyone have a saved copy of the manuals and IPL for my saw from before the Giftsofwood site got hammered. I specifically need parts number and descriptions for the AntiVibe mount on the handle beside of the oil cap. I think it is a support Assy and a Annular Buffer and maybe some more parts. Thanks in advance for the help and a great site!

Dale

Not hard to get at all. Heres whatcha do. Go to your dealer and tell him to print you off a IPL off the cd he uses to order parts from. Had a guy order a handle he broke off a 010. He said he wanted to get the parts and tackle the job his self. I got his parts in and putem in a bag. I also printed off a diagram of how it goes together from my IPL cd I use. He was like wow and went on his way. Your dealer can do the samething for you................

THall are you using Mediacat? We have a big stack of Mediacat discs unopened. Stihl makes us buy them (why?) Partsmart is much easier to navigate IMHO.

Gravely Grinch said:
THall are you using Mediacat? We have a big stack of Mediacat discs unopened. Stihl makes us buy them (why?) Partsmart is much easier to navigate IMHO.

Yepper I be using the Media Cat. Part smart is great too but I've used Stihl's cd so long now I'm so used to it its my tool of choice. Part Smart is great too. They charge ya for those CD's, hmmmmmmmmmmm. I think, hell I know we getem for free from our distributor for I've never seen a bill with them. I may be wrong but to date I've yet to see a bill for any Media Cat cd we get..............

THALL10326 said:
Yepper I be using the Media Cat. Part smart is great too but I've used Stihl's cd so long now I'm so used to it its my tool of choice. Part Smart is great too. They charge ya for those CD's, hmmmmmmmmmmm. I think, hell I know we getem for free from our distributor for I've never seen a bill with them. I may be wrong but to date I've yet to see a bill for any Media Cat cd we get..............

They charge $25 per year of subscription to dealers. The disks expire abot a year after installtion..

THALL10326 said:
Media Cat doesn't price parts, you have to go to Partsmart, paper or fisch to accurately estimate a repair. Mediacat is good for IPLs and that's about it.

Lakeside53 said:
They charge $25 per year of subscription to dealers. The disks expire abot a year after installtion..

Really, heck I never knew that but then again I don't do the bookkeeping, I just use em and do em. I know, that sounded bad there,haha

Gravely Grinch said:
Media Cat doesn't price parts, you have to go to Partsmart, paper or fisch to accurately estimate a repair. Mediacat is good for IPLs and that's about it.

Well you be correct there. I only use Media Cat because I can get to what I'm looking for real fast since I've used it so much. As for pricing of parts I just jump on E-sales with my part number and punch it in and get the most current pricing. E-sales also has the IPL's in it but the way they have E-sales set up it takes up the so much of the screen they dont leave much room for the using the IPL'S on it. I know everyone likes to do it their own way but Media Cat works for me so much faster and easier merely because I use it so much. Not knocking the other ways at all.

Back