Service manual HELP needed

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lenny540

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello all. Brand new to forum as a member, but have found much priceless information here the past few years.

I hope I posted this in the right place... I would very much appreciate the complete service workshop manuals for my ms261 NON-Mtronic, and ms462 NON-Mtronic.

If there is also a separate IPL book/manual/parts fiche I would love to have those for both saws as well. I found both for my Husky 372xp no problem, but Stihl stuff seems to be on lockdown.

Both are brand new saws, I know the 261's were updated/upgraded a few years back, a little more hp, lighter, slimmer profile, etc. The 462 has D.O.M. 2022. So I guess the newest version of everything would be perfect and sooooo much appreciated.

Sorry I talk too much but I really can't help it for many reasons that I won't bore you with.

p.s. if anyone needs the Husky 372xp manuals I can upload/send those 😬👍🏻

PLEASE and THANK YOU!!! 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼
Regards,
Lenny

Hello all. Brand new to forum as a member, but have found much priceless information here the past few years.

I hope I posted this in the right place... I would very much appreciate the complete service workshop manuals for my ms261 NON-Mtronic, and ms462 NON-Mtronic.

If there is also a separate IPL book/manual/parts fiche I would love to have those for both saws as well. I found both for my Husky 372xp no problem, but Stihl stuff seems to be on lockdown.

Both are brand new saws, I know the 261's were updated/upgraded a few years back, a little more hp, lighter, slimmer profile, etc. The 462 has D.O.M. 2022. So I guess the newest version of everything would be perfect and sooooo much appreciated.

Sorry I talk too much but I really can't help it for many reasons that I won't bore you with.

p.s. if anyone needs the Husky 372xp manuals I can upload/send those 😬👍🏻

PLEASE and THANK YOU!!! 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼
Regards,
Lenny
Check your inbox

Im requesting ms271 and ms291 ipl and manual files. Im sorry if this is the wrong location. If so, please advise. Thanks

Looking for a manual for a Peerless Model 35 chainsaw chain grinder. This is the unit with the pedestal, foot pedal and solenoid activated clamping device. It was manufactured by Fate - Root - Heath Co. Patented in 1959.

I have been chatting with him. Thanks. He lives in Mass also. He doesn't have one for the 35.
Did several searches and only found the patent document that Dave probably sent you. Even the antique machine/ tools website had nothing.
R. Dewitt was the inventor and the patent listed him as from Plymouth, Ohio.
Called Plymouth, Ohio library for R. Dewiitt / Peerless 35 chain grinder info. They gave me the main branch phone number and a historical museum for Plymouth phone number.
Main branch library 419-521-3115
Historical Society 419-687-5400
If you find anything out, please send me a copy.

Did several searches and only found the patent document that Dave probably sent you. Even the antique machine/ tools website had nothing.
R. Dewitt was the inventor and the patent listed him as from Plymouth, Ohio.
Called Plymouth, Ohio library for R. Dewiitt / Peerless 35 chain grinder info. They gave me the main branch phone number and a historical museum for Plymouth phone number.
Main branch library 419-521-3115
Historical Society 419-687-5400
If you find anything out, please send me a copy.
I had the Patent number on my machine to look it up. I downloaded the pages from the Patent Office. I will call those n numbers that you found to see if there is a manual on file. I'm sure that somebody somewhere has one kicking around. I also contacted a guy on Ebay to see if he had one but he didn't. He did have the manual for the manual clamping machine. I believe that is the model 32.

I had the Patent number on my machine to look it up. I downloaded the pages from the Patent Office. I will call those n numbers that you found to see if there is a manual on file. I'm sure that somebody somewhere has one kicking around. I also contacted a guy on Ebay to see if he had one but he didn't. He did have the manual for the manual clamping machine. I believe that is the model 32.
Hi Jim,
Any luck tracking down Peerless 35 chain grinder info?

Hi Jim,
Any luck tracking down Peerless 35 chain grinder info?
I have had no luck finding any info on the manual locking grinder or the foot operated grinder. One thing that I have noticed with my foot operated grinder is that the outer cutters are .010 longer than the inside cutters. The angles are exact. To compensate for this I turn in the backstop 1/4 turn and the cutters come out the same length. The machine is pretty simple to set up and use. There is one of the foot operated ones for sale on FB marketplace in NY for $85.

Latest posts

Back