need new splitter reccomendations

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cornraker

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
im in the market for a new splitter and i need to decide fast before i get my shipment of 100 cords in. i can't afford a processor so don't reccomend that. i've been looking at the tw 5 or 6 and the rayco splitter and the american 25 or 26. i'm having trouble deciding between the three. if anybody has any recommendations or more importantly if you own one of them i would love to hear what you have to say about it. thanks

I have have the AmericanCLS splitter. I got it built to my specs. Best splitter I had ever used.:clap: :clap:

I have a Iron and Oak, but its probably real slow compared to a "Super Splitter". They have a videoon their site, and some AS members like theirs. I'm a one man operation, so reliabilty supercedes any speed. Got mine for $2049 (30 ton/9hp Honda GX) delivered, but this year they're up $300+ more than last year :dizzy: . The TW products are awesome, but were priced out of my range.

Well, I don't own any of those as I have never purchased a factory built splitter. I have studied them and watched them work. It's hard to argue against a Timberwolf except for making the numbers work. 100 Cord a year you ought to be able to make them work (pay off) The Rayco is made near me, top quality unit, you wont break it. Two problems I have with the Rayco. You have to build your own grate/table and I would have built the 4 way wedge differently. Good thing about a Rayco is you will save enough money that if you desire the mods you can have them done and still be money ahead of a TW. I am not bashing the Rayco or TW If I were to buy a splitter those are the brands I would consider. TW if I could afford it and Rayco if the numbers have to work out.

100 cords? Is this for you too process and sell? What kind of wood is it? You're gonna need something fast if you're intending too process for sale. Look at a Super Spitter or one of those 2 way splits in both directions (Can't think of the name?) Other than that, you might see if you could rent a processor for a week and do your 100 cord. :cheers:

I have a Iron and Oak, but its probably real slow compared to a "Super Splitter". I'm a one man operation, so reliabilty supercedes any speed. Got mine for $2049 (30 ton/9hp Honda GX) The TW products are awesome, but were priced out of my range.

same deal for me charlie, my 30 ton Iron & Oak was about $2K also. not very fast, but it gets the job done. i looked at Timberwolf too til i saw the $$$$$ :jawdrop:

im talking about 100 full cords of wood and i have used a processor and the problem is it only take logs up to 18" or so inches and i have logs that push 36 or 40 inches and they also leave wood with chunks too large to sell so those have to be split again anyways. and on top of that after i get these 100 cords split and piled im getting another 50 or so again. also... would a conveyor be worth the money for moving my wood from my splitter to the pile? right now i take it from a wheel barrow and up a ramp and onto the pile

on the conveyor .. ya I would think it would be if you figure out how much time it takes you to haul a WB load up a ramp.. and what happens if you slip? twist an ankle or break it and how much easier it would be on you

Only my 2 cents but it seems to me that if you have a good welder/fabricator in your area and have a plan on what to go on, most guys on here and otherwise are saying to build your own splitter and save some $$$. I realize i might be off on a homemade splitter and 100 cords of wood but If you buy one at $3000 and make one for $1500.....:clap: Conveyors have also been covered on here.

How does a person collect 100 cords of wood?? I'll be 50 by then. :chainsaw:

or get about 6 Mexicans... and tell them there is a bottle of tequila under the pile .. it should take about an hour or 2 to get it all done LOL:dizzy: :givebeer:

Latest posts

Back