Need Poulan 3400 starter pulley

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daletroutman59

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Been a visitor on here for a while. A lot of good info and people. Now I am in need of some help. Went to use my saw a Poulan 3400 counter vibe and broke the white plastic starter pulley. Been all over the net and shops near me and can't find 1. I hate to not be able to use my saw. It works great. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Can you post up a couple pics of the one you have? That will help someone to match it up. I have some Poulan parts I can look through. Just to confirm, you're looking for the plastic wheel the rope winds around, right?

Can you post up a couple pics of the one you have? That will help someone to match it up. I have some Poulan parts I can look through. Just to confirm, you're looking for the plastic wheel the rope winds around, right?
I will have to take a couple when I get home from work and yes that is what I am looking for . Thanks

Ok, I looked over what I have and I don't have any loose pulleys. I only have a complete 3400 starter assembly. Ie, the green housing, pull rope and handle, pulley, etc. $10 plus shipping of $7.20 flat rate padded envelope, if you want it. If you could just find a pulley, that would be a lot cheaper. The pulley does appear to be a lot different than the rear handle Green plastic Poulans I have.

As of late no . A whole side case but description says pulley has 2 teeth broke off.
That's what I'm referring to. ie, I have the whole assembly. However, it doesn't look like the one pictured online. Apparently they made two different styles. I'll try to get a pic and post it on here. Mine has a metal slotted ring, not the plastic teeth like the eBay one. Also the pulley is off center in the housing. Not sure if they're interchangeable, I'm thinking not. You want to make sure you get the correct part.

That's what I'm referring to. ie, I have the whole assembly. However, it doesn't look like the one pictured online. Apparently they made two different styles. I'll try to get a pic and post it on here. Mine has a metal slotted ring, not the plastic teeth like the eBay one. Not sure if they're interchangeable, I'm thinking not. You want to make sure you get the correct part.
OK probably not what I need then. I will get a pic on tonight .

Need to know which starter housing you have, was used on the 3400-4000 series saws but the pulley is different cause the flywheel was different. 3400 and I believe 3800 was the same and the 3700 and 4000 was the same.

Steve

Did you look at both sides of the one I have and posted? It says 3400 on it and the cast in part number on the housing is the same as the eBay one. So methinks that some 3400's had one kind and others had the other kind. But I don't remember if this is a saw I parted out or if I got a bunch of misc parts somewhere along the way, so I can't be sure...
I also know that there tends to be a lot of variations in Poulan saws. Worked on the 2000 series for a while and was amazed how many different clutches, bearings and sprockets they used on those.

Back