Need Poulan S25 AV info

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnnybar

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I just replaced the fuel line, air and fuel filter and now have a new to me yard saw/orchard pruner S25AV running great. Even though there's some wear on the star, I went ahead and used the old chain to investigate a lightening damaged oak that needs to come down. I have no manual and need to know which rim drum and bearing will work and the best tooth count to use for 3/8-050 lopro. Also it appears to be manual bar oiling only...is that correct?

Oregon 28006 is the aftermarket sprocket, and it's got both an auto & manual oiler, great limbing saws!

There are manuals & IPLs on the Poulan website for that, who would of figured?? :laugh:

The Poulan parts list will provide you with the Poulan sprocket number.

Oregon 28006 is the aftermarket sprocket, and it's got both an auto & manual oiler, great limbing saws!

There are manuals & IPLs on the Poulan website for that, who would of figured?? :laugh:

The Poulan parts list will provide you with the Poulan sprocket number.
Thanks, I already poked around on those IPL's and there is no owners manual on there site. The original sprocket is the spur drum type and I'm trying to cross over to the rim type if possible. What drives the auto oiler other than residual manual pressure...is that what you are referring too?

I assumed the OP missed a c in the model number, as in S25CVA.

The auto oil pump on those models are "impulse driven" from a hole in the crankcase.
I assumed the OP missed a c in the model number, as in S25CVA.

The auto oil pump on those models are "impulse driven" from a hole in the crankcase.
Thanks for the info so far guys. S25 AV as noted. "Seeing is Believing", "Picture worth a thousand words" and all that stuff...lol. 20170131_090243.jpg 20170131_090307.jpg

This rim sprocket idea was a questionable idea I think. Just looked at the clutch and see that is is a outboard clutch...it has no clip to retain a washer & sprocket on a spline.

This rim sprocket idea was a questionable idea I think. Just looked at the clutch and see that is is a outboard clutch...it has no clip to retain a washer & sprocket on a spline.

They have rim set up as I have it on mine in 3/8LP 7. IMO just put a spur 6 back on.

Latest posts

Back