Need some help picking out a spool value

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Homelite 925

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
am a blacksmith by trade. I’m not a hydraulic person. So I come to this forum to ask a question. I’m in the planning stages of building a wood splitter. I’ve picked out EZ-28 GPM Two Stage pump Price $ 198.95 *HP.16 from
http://www.splitez.comhttp://www.splitez.com/logsplitter_cylinders.htm l and Pin Size 1 1/4 " 3000 psi Tie Rod 30 Ton 5"x 24" x 2.250" Shaft
NO.214-428
EZ-1428 Sale Price $ 325.00

I’ve looked on the internet for a control value that is rated 28 GPM and I can’t seem to find one. I can find 14gpm and that’s about it. My question is where can I find 28 GPM spool value or do I even need one that big. Anyone?

This Prince RD5100 is rated 25gpm, little low, you might make it with it if everything else (hoses, filters etc) is upper end in size...
But this Cross BA1 valve beavis331 mentioned seems to be a great valve for you!! Allows optional detent and also a future Power Beyond connection.

To my understanding the optional detent is not a pressure detent. (valve will not kick out when cylinder reaches end of stroke) I could be wrong but from my dealings with Cross you have to go to their log splitter valve to get the pressure detent. The logsplitter valve part # is 108360.

To my understanding the optional detent is not a pressure detent. (valve will not kick out when cylinder reaches end of stroke) I could be wrong but from my dealings with Cross you have to go to their log splitter valve to get the pressure detent. The logsplitter valve part # is 108360.

The page that shows the BA1 lists as option a pressure detent in one or both directions.

By golly you guys are right. I went through our Cross book and the BA series valves are available with a pressure detent. The Cross valves are going to be a little spendier than Prince. Cross doesn't make cheaper quality stuff. Everything they make is high quality. I'm not trying to run down Prince as I have used their stuff as well. It's just an apples to oranges thing.

Homelite, you sure picked a site that has outstanding prices on hydraulic pumps, I've got to order a 16 gpm two stage next week, I think they have them for only 108.00, compared to my local farm store at 197.98.

Back