Need Stihl 026 parts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

asand1

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
OK, who's the go-to guy here for genuine STIHL parts? Saw runs awesome in the cut, but dies as soon as I let the throttle off and set it down.

What I need:
All three AV mounts
impulse
fuel line
filter/pickup
Intake boot
Possibly a carb kit

I have three local stihl dealers I should really give my business to, but if there is a discount available here I would like do this here. PM quotes to 97467 please.

OK, who's the go-to guy here for genuine STIHL parts? Saw runs awesome in the cut, but dies as soon as I let the throttle off and set it down.

What I need:
All three AV mounts
impulse
fuel line
filter/pickup
Intake boot
Possibly a carb kit

You're forgetting the crank seals.

Lots of sponsors here can help you. Pick one.

What I need:
All three AV mounts
impulse
fuel line
filter/pickup
Intake boot
Possibly a carb kit

I have three local stihl dealers I should really give my business to, but if there is a discount available here I would like do this here. PM quotes to 97467 please.

You may not need all those parts. I had the same problem with my old 026 and I changed the clutch springs and it cured the problem. Try it, it's a quick and easy job.

Yeah I meant to include seals but forgot. This saw had a a huge bar that wore the the AV mounts and stretched the rubber parts.

Yeah I meant to include seals but forgot. This saw had a a huge bar that wore the the AV mounts and stretched the rubber parts.

I run an 18" on mine and it keeps coming home with wood. I'd go through the fuel system first on your saw. (Even though it may need the buffers.). A thorough diagnosis of your problem is necessary before you start throwing money at the saw. (unless you just have money to throw - and if so I can forward my address!!:yoyo:)

I run an 18" on mine and it keeps coming home with wood. I'd go through the fuel system first on your saw. (Even though it may need the buffers.). A thorough diagnosis of your problem is necessary before you start throwing money at the saw. (unless you just have money to throw - and if so I can forward my address!!:yoyo:)

Well it has a 16" bar now, but when I got it it had a 22+" rollamatic. There is a permanent 1/2" gap between the top cover and air cleaner cover that opens wider when I lift the saw up. I don't know when the last time this 20 year old saw had lines and a boot was, and they would be cheep insurance against burning the saw up.

Latest posts

Back