Need Tree ID

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The leaves look very much like a member of the chestnut family we have here. But you r in a different part of the continent. Am curious though, any sign on the ground of the fruit? Does it have anything viable that falls off it? Does it flower?

Tree ID

i don't know anything fancy word for each tree, it look alike it Alder and i don't think it come from chestnut family either..
Treeman67

Can't Find Fruit/Flowers

Sprig said:
The leaves look very much like a member of the chestnut family we have here. But you r in a different part of the continent. Am curious though, any sign on the ground of the fruit? Does it have anything viable that falls off it? Does it flower?

I can't find any fruit or flowers on or around the tree.

I have a stupid question here, don't beeches bear fruit? I spent a good deal of time on a couple of tree ID spots today outta boredom and curioiusity and for the life of me didn't find a tree that fit entirely with the pictures and description (no fruits or obvious seeds etc.). I did conclude that just by the leaves and trunk that it is of the fagales order (which if I am not mistaken includes varieties of chestnuts and oaks), any further thoughts from the experts here? More detail on the leaf would be nice, like is there subtle varigation on the edges? They appear pretty smooth in the pics posted.

:cheers:

LOL, yea, the crowd with the funny hats and bottomless coolers. But really, this is what made me wonder about the ID, since he said he couldn't find evidence of fruits. Made me wonder ts'all. :D

Latest posts

Back