Need your help ASAP to win a local contest - please!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arbor pro

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Ok guys and gals, if you've ever given or gotten a BAD valentines day gift, I need your help. There is a contest on a local radio station and I'm a finalist. I was WAY in the lead but somehow, another entry is quickly gaining (thinking someone has to be submitting multiple votes somehow) Anyhow, please read the short story below, then, go to the weblink posted below and vote!

Help me out, I owe this to my wife. Thanks. :)

Unfortunately, I was once a stupid cupid. Many years ago, I gave my wife a very dumb valentine’s day gift. At the time, my wife was a florist in Brookings and we lived in the country. I was an immature stupid young man (much like I still am today) and thought that I should get her something that we could ‘share’ on valentine’s day. So, I ordered an electric race track from JCPenney catalogue. (Yeh, I know).

To top it off, because of the weather, I didn’t have the chance to get into town to pick it up at the store so, I called my wife at the floral shop and asked her to pick up her own gift. (Yeh, I know).

My wife had been working about 72 hours straight at the floral shop and was exhausted. Maybe it was having to pick up her own gift or maybe it was getting a juvenile little boy’s toy instead of a nice set of pearls that made her just stand there and look at me with a blank stare but, needless to say, I didn’t get quite the ‘wow’ reaction that I was expecting from her – the kind that I had envisioned when I placed the order from the catalogue.

My wife was a good sport about it later and even set up the track (and it was a pretty cool track I tell ya) so we could have some ‘quality time’ together. It was fun, yes. Romantic, NO. DEFINITELY NO!

So, when I heard about the stupid cupid contest on 107.7, I swallowed my pride and entered. My story is now in the top 4 and I stand to win (for my dear wife) a diamond necklace, dinner out and a bouquet of flowers. All you have to do to help my wife get the present she deserved 10 years ago is to go to the below link and vote for “Race Set” in the poll for the stupid cupid contest. Do this for my wife, not me. I still owe her a good valentines day gift for this year and I’m still working on that (thinking maybe a new vacuum cleaner). THIS gift (the necklace, flowers and dinner) is to make up for the valentine’s day I blew so horrendously 10 years ago.

Trust me, it’s not easy to admit that I was such a stupid stupid man and made such a stupid stupid mistake! Thanks for helping me make this up to her and here’s the link:

http://www.dakotabroadcasting.com/1077/contests.

Scott
AP

We figured out how the other entrant is pulling ahead. if you delete your browsing history, you can go back into the website and vote as many times as you want! We're onto their games and we can play them too. :)

Ok guys and gals, if you've ever given or gotten a BAD valentines day gift, I need your help. There is a contest on a local radio station and I'm a finalist. I was WAY in the lead but somehow, another entry is quickly gaining (thinking someone has to be submitting multiple votes somehow) Anyhow, please read the short story below, then, go to the weblink posted below and vote!

Unfortunately, I was once a stupid cupid. Many years ago, I gave my wife a very dumb valentine’s day gift. At the time, my wife was a florist in Brookings and we lived in the country. I was an immature stupid young man (much like I still am today) and thought that I should get her something that we could ‘share’ on valentine’s day. So, I ordered an electric race track from JCPenney catalogue. (Yeh, I know).

To top it off, because of the weather, I didn’t have the chance to get into town to pick it up at the store so, I called my wife at the floral shop and asked her to pick up her own gift. (Yeh, I know).

My wife had been working about 72 hours straight at the floral shop and was exhausted. Maybe it was having to pick up her own gift or maybe it was getting a juvenile little boy’s toy instead of a nice set of pearls that made her just stand there and look at me with a blank stare but, needless to say, I didn’t get quite the ‘wow’ reaction that I was expecting from her – the kind that I had envisioned when I placed the order from the catalogue.

My wife was a good sport about it later and even set up the track (and it was a pretty cool track I tell ya) so we could have some ‘quality time’ together. It was fun, yes. Romantic, NO. DEFINITELY NO!

So, when I heard about the stupid cupid contest on 107.7, I swallowed my pride and entered. My story is now in the top 4 and I stand to win (for my dear wife) a diamond necklace, dinner out and a bouquet of flowers. All you have to do to help my wife get the present she deserved 10 years ago is to go to the below link and vote for “Race Set” in the poll for the stupid cupid contest. Do this for my wife, not me. I still owe her a good valentines day gift for this year and I’m still working on that (thinking maybe a new vacuum cleaner). THIS gift (the necklace, flowers and dinner) is to make up for the valentine’s day I blew so horrendously 10 years ago.

Trust me, it’s not easy to admit that I was such a stupid stupid man and made such a stupid stupid mistake! Thanks for helping me make this up to her and here’s the link:

Scott
AP

We figured out how the other entrant is pulling ahead. if you delete your browsing history, you can go back into the website and vote as many times as you want! We're onto their games and we can play them too. :)

Without deleting you can also vote once in IE, once in Firefox, and once in Safari. (You got 3 votes from me. Err, I mean, one from me, one from my wife, and one from my daughter. lol)

I voted for ya, you gota be the biggest dumb ass yet!!:) Good luck bro hope you win, you deserve it! Seriously I voted for ya!!

I voted for ya, you gota be the biggest dumb ass yet!!:) Good luck bro hope you win, you deserve it! Seriously I voted for ya!!

WAS a dumb ass. Hopefully, i've grown a bit wiser with age.

Let my story be a lesson for you younger men. Buy something ROMANTIC this valentines day.

Arbor I was picking bro. I thought it was funny as heck hope you win!

I think the contest is over - not sure but it looks like big card managed to get more votes (or vote more times). Oh well. Thanks everyone for trying.

In Google Chrome, you can do SHIFT-CTRL-N and paste the voting URL. You can then vote as many times as you want, just using SHIFT-CTRL-N each time.

To me, the winners were the tool set and the slot cars. Cake server 3rd, giant Valentine's day card last. To have 40% of the votes for the giant card, somebody is lobbying for votes and/or multi-voting.

I voted honestly. The slot cars were worse than the tool set that she'd actually wanted (but not on February 14th) and making her pick it up from the store really seals the deal.

To me, the winners were the tool set and the slot cars. Cake server 3rd, giant Valentine's day card last. To have 40% of the votes for the giant card, somebody is lobbying for votes and/or multi-voting.

I voted honestly. The slot cars were worse than the tool set that she'd actually wanted (but not on February 14th) and making her pick it up from the store really seals the deal.

I guess you could say that I'm lobbying for votes. If I'm truly not the biggest dumb ass you've ever Known, please don't vote for "race set".

Scott
AP

a vacuum cleaner? you never learn...You are a dumbass...you got my vote

:deadhorse:

Last edited:
a vacuum cleaner? you never learn...You are a dumass...you got my vote

:deadhorse:

Maybe there's still hope.

For winning the contest that is. Not for me personally. She liked the sewing machine I got her the following year. Seriously!

Maybe there's still hope.

For winning the contest that is. Not for me personally. She liked the sewing machine I got her the following year. Seriously!

sewing machine is like a chainsaw to us. a vacuum is like shop towels, and hand cleaner... whats next year's gift ? a toilet brush ?

just having fun...good luck. for her sake !!!

I once gave my wife a tool box: didn't go over that well. Anyway, I voted for race set, good luck brother.

Latest posts

Back