Need your help ASAP to win a local contest - please!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I once gave my wife a tool box: didn't go over that well. Anyway, I voted for race set, good luck brother.

well if your gonna give a bad gift at least give something you like in case they don't like it...:greenchainsaw: that being said, I think I'll give my wife a new 346xp

We did it!

The votes are in and I am indeed the stupidest cupid ever! Thank you all for participating in the contest and for making today a fun day. I enjoyed all the emails and suggestions I received from friends, coworkers and family members.

That said, I must say there is some guilt in my heart for forwarding information that suggested that it was possible to vote multiple times in the contest for stupid cupid (if you knew how to do so).

So, in an effort to clear my conscience, I offer this to everyone who voted for my story - If after reading about my horrific gift, you did NOT agree that I was the stupidest cupid ever, please forgive me for asking for your vote – though I do appreciate your support.

However, should you believe that I am indeed the biggest dumb*** ever for buying my wife a race set for valentines day, I think it is justifiable if you felt it necessary to vote multiple times in order to get your point across. This is America and voting is your right. Maybe not multiple times but hey, if dead people and cartoon characters can do it, so can the rest of us.

Thanks again and I really appreciate your support. After being in a box in the attic for 12 years, I think I’m going to have to set up the racetrack on the dining room table Sunday morning and surprise my wife.

I suppose she might like the diamond necklace, flowers and gift certificate I’ll have to give to her too. ; )

Have a great weekend,

Scott

You are the King of dumbasses! I am so proud to have been a part of this victory. Conrats . That'll do arbor, that'll do.

The votes are in and I am indeed the stupidest cupid ever! Thank you all for participating in the contest and for making today a fun day. I enjoyed all the emails and suggestions I received from friends, coworkers and family members.

That said, I must say there is some guilt in my heart for forwarding information that suggested that it was possible to vote multiple times in the contest for stupid cupid (if you knew how to do so).

So, in an effort to clear my conscience, I offer this to everyone who voted for my story - If after reading about my horrific gift, you did NOT agree that I was the stupidest cupid ever, please forgive me for asking for your vote – though I do appreciate your support.

However, should you believe that I am indeed the biggest dumb*** ever for buying my wife a race set for valentines day, I think it is justifiable if you felt it necessary to vote multiple times in order to get your point across. This is America and voting is your right. Maybe not multiple times but hey, if dead people and cartoon characters can do it, so can the rest of us.

Thanks again and I really appreciate your support. After being in a box in the attic for 12 years, I think I’m going to have to set up the racetrack on the dining room table Sunday morning and surprise my wife.

I suppose she might like the diamond necklace, flowers and gift certificate I’ll have to give to her too. ; )

Have a great weekend,

Scott

Well you can't be too big of a dumb@$$ since you went to effort of entering the content and getting us to help. Glad you won, and hopefully this Valentine's is a good one. Had to rep for your:clap: efforts.

Congrats! But on the down side think of what will you have to do next year to top this?

Next year...Hmmm. Well, I figure once my wife finds out that I told all of her friends and family not to mention thousands of strangers about what a dumb*** she married, that should put me in the running for next year.

well if your gonna give a bad gift at least give something you like in case they don't like it...:greenchainsaw: that being said, I think I'll give my wife a new 346xp

That might backfire. What if she likes it and then doesn't let you ever touch it. lol

Picked up the gift certificates for the prizes yesterday and going to take the kids with me today to exchange them for the actual gifts at the stores. i think the kids will have fun. I'll let you in on my wife's reaction later today or tomorrow.

Way to make it up to her. Happy to see another South Dakotian doing something on here. That sure beats waiting for the snow to melt.

Congrats! But on the down side think of what will you have to do next year to top this?
You can always use my story about the time I gave my wife a set of U-Joints for Christmas. That went over about as well as a fart in church. I thought I was doing good, I mean for Christ's sake, it got her back on the road.

You can always use my story about the time I gave my wife a set of U-Joints for Christmas. That went over about as well as a fart in church. I thought I was doing good, I mean for Christ's sake, it got her back on the road.

You enter that story next year and I'll vote for ya!

The gifts went over great and my wife was a great sport about it all. Roses and diamonds will definitely get you in better favor with the misses than a race set will.

By the way - the race set stayed in the attic where it belongs. I asked my wife if she'd like to get it out for nostalgia sake and she suggested giving it to an 8-year-old boy who might enjoy it. :cheers:

By the way - the race set stayed in the attic where it belongs. I asked my wife if she'd like to get it out for nostalgia sake and she suggested giving it to an 8-year-old boy who might enjoy it. :cheers:

Dang, that would have been the icing on the cake...I truly think that would have made it that much better...LOL...Glad it all worked out for you and the Mrs...

Latest posts

Back