neighbor watering my woodpile

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I walked out back to dump a 5 gallon bucket O' water on a small douglas fir in my backyard earlier. I wasn't suprised at what I saw, because I always expect people to be oblivious and inconsiderate. But the lady that lives behind me had her sprinkler set on turbo, and it was saturating a portion of my wood pile. I just chuckled to myself. I'll ignore it unless the cunny's pulling this crap in late fall. My policy with neighbors is to never talk to them or adknowledge them, hoping they'll figure out I'm just "doing unto others" if you will. Anybody else have this happen? I would be completely embarrassed to water someone's woodpile. Also, I refuse to let her stupidity make me break my policy of never talking to neighbors. Wouldn't it be cute to send a card through the mail thanking her for watering my woodpile? That would be fun.

move out of the damn trailer park pain cow! what do you expect them trailers are close together!

I dont talk to my neighbors much ether. there all a bunch of #######s any ways. they never invite me to the community party. Jerks I tell what a bunch of Jerks.

I'd bet a lot of money that she doesn't have a clue that she is doing it. In this heat it'll dry up fast anyway. If it gets later in the season and she's still doing it, well, then I'd say something or cover the top with a tarp!

You can always tie a knot in her hose! :laugh:

I am blessed with good neighbors,I really do go out of my way to be of help to them,when they ask. I share eggs and my garden bounty,and at times plow their snow and till their garden.(in the years they grow one) I have found,they are better then a watch dog. We have a verbal agreement to look after each others property when strange people show up. Kind of like a block watch in the country. Good neighbors are hard to come by,I want to keep mine as long as possible.

+1 for me. I have some great neighbors, we look out for each other. To be sure there are a few 'weirdees' in every hood -- but I'm thankful for the kind, thoughtful people that live here. We have a few yankee-doodles that have moved in but it won't take too long to get them initiated....LOL! Sometimes the mistake like the lady made is just a foolish oversight. Your personal committment not to communicate has magnified your situation a bit. (To be sure the idea of a neighbor cutting a tree in my yard does qualify for a free membership to the 'weirdee-club.') Perhaps you can kindly suggest that the trees are already cut, and watering them now won't help! :D

you could always put up a sign.. something like.. "please don't water the wood.. it doesn't need it, it's already dead!"

:blob2:

I walked out back to dump a 5 gallon bucket O' water on a small douglas fir in my backyard earlier. I wasn't suprised at what I saw, because I always expect people to be oblivious and inconsiderate. But the lady that lives behind me had her sprinkler set on turbo, and it was saturating a portion of my wood pile. I just chuckled to myself. I'll ignore it unless the cunny's pulling this crap in late fall. My policy with neighbors is to never talk to them or adknowledge them, hoping they'll figure out I'm just "doing unto others" if you will. Anybody else have this happen? I would be completely embarrassed to water someone's woodpile. Also, I refuse to let her stupidity make me break my policy of never talking to neighbors. Wouldn't it be cute to send a card through the mail thanking her for watering my woodpile? That would be fun.

It was her deck before you chopped it into firewood. She can water it if she wants.

I guess one has to ask themselves if the wood pile is an eyesore to the neighbor and you just don’t realize it. The guy north of me parks all his junk on the fence line and away from his house so he doesn’t need to look at it but being on a farm I really didn’t care because it’s far enough away from me. If I was on a small lot like many, I’d be upset and do more than turn on some sprinkler. They always say.. Good Fences Make Good Neighbors.. Maybe you should look at the wood pile as if you walked in her shoes. Just a thought.

I get along with my neighbors on one side just fine, especially since the neighbors wife mows in shorty shorts and a bikini top.

The neighbors on the other side are a different story. First off, they painted their house lavender with bright blue trim. The kicker was when I had my trailer full of brush parked next to my house on the driveway and the neighbor lady came out to ask when I was going to empty it because she didn't want to look at the brush. I told her she was lucky I didn't park it in her yard so I didn't have to look at her ugly house. She hasn't said much to me since.

I told her she was lucky I didn't park it in her yard so I didn't have to look at her ugly house. She hasn't said much to me since.

Love it!

I'm very thankful to have lots of good neighbors. Haven't had a bad one yet. We have one with some kids that are rather rude, but they're leaving very soon.

Still, I always think of the proper three-step process for dealing with disputes, whether it be neighbors, family members, or friends.
1. Ask nicely first. As the OP has wisely considered, some people just may not know they're being rude. A simple polite question can keep the friendship strong and solve the problem 9 times out of 10.
2. Ask nicely second. Sometimes they need a reminder. Second time doesn't need to be so nice, but still courteous.
3. Ask nicely third. Write a very polite note, and put it somewhere where they are likely to see it - such as their living room floor, tied to a brick, heaved through their window.

I have a neighbor that when he back flushes his pool filter, he runs a hose to the back of the lot and dumps the water in my yard. He has done it whne i wanted to mow.

PC needs help...bad. Referrals are available.

Rule #1:
A.K.A. "Pee Rule" ---setlle where you can urinate ( sorry, my advanced degrees) in the at least the 4 cardinal directions without disturbing anyone.

Rule #2:
Get perspective. If your 'neighbours' are such a bother, see the following subsets.
A. Get the hell out.
B. Zen.
C. Move your head to another direction.

Rule #3:
Get off the internet for your whining. Get out, solve the problem.

Rule #4:
Start thinking seriously about those in harms way...another way of seeing reality off the internet.

Therapist: "Now Pain Cow, tell me about your real problems."

Pain Cow: " Whaaaaaa......"

Therapist: "How do you feel ?"

PC: " Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa........"

Therapist: "Tell me more............................................"

PC: "Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa................." (No "h")

BTW: water will help your firewood to season. See past posts on this.

You now flame.:givebeer:

Last edited:
I have a good neighbor policy, too. We don't let each other struggle with anything too monumental, but we don't spend afternoons having tea together either. Seriously, if I see them working, I'll help them out. If they are just watering the garden, I'll give them a wave. Help them first, and then they act like the owe ya' one. If all went bad real quick, they would be the first to help.

Maybe you could offer to help her set up the sprinkler so it just misses your pile - it'll solve your problem and help her not waste water where she doesn't need it? Anyhow, good luck with your problem.

Bill

That "policy" is too rigid and closeminded, not to mention senseless. To automatically lump everyone into the same group is shortsighted. You might have really good folks there, but you've shut them all out and you'll never know. Your most revealing comment was that you would use some free "anytime minutes" to call 911 if a house was on fire. Your sarcasm made it clear that if it had to be any more than a free call, your neighbors aren't worth the effort.

Me, I want to talk to all my neighbors, if for nothing more than to feel them out and get an idea of who is living on my road. If they're cool, then I've made a friend. If they're jerks, then I want to know about it.

I'm a private person, but I talk to my neighbors. One of mine is great, one of them is even better. Hell, even on the stockpile/cutting property where the neighbor's a mile away I know them pretty well.

Now, the person that lived where the really great neighbor lives now #####ed, whined, and complained constantly about my 350 constantly being loaded with wood, brush or gear I use. They also complained when I parked the 941 in the driveway because I was using it for a stump job up the street. I really didn't talk to them, ever.

But, I had one person that lives down the street ask for some freakin' 10-30 oil, and as I went to get it, she walked in my house, sat on my couch, and when I walked back in from the garage, she told me how to decorate my house, which really isn't that decorated.- I have a couple chairs, a little couch, an end table, and a half stack of Marshall amps for my P bass. I've also caught her walking around my yard. I told her I'd call the cops next time- With a 9mm in hand.

Your most revealing comment was that you would use some free "anytime minutes" to call 911 if a house was on fire. Your sarcasm made it clear that if it had to be any more than a free call, your neighbors aren't worth the effort.
Bingo....then again, as i have seen in other posts from PC, anger permeates his posts, even his handle points this out.....PC, your neighbor may not be so fond of you, either.

Your most revealing comment was that you would use some free "anytime minutes" to call 911 if a house was on fire. Your sarcasm made it clear that if it had to be any more than a free call, your neighbors aren't worth the effort.
Bingo....then again, as i have seen in other posts from PC, anger permeates his posts, even his handle points this out.....PC, your neighbor may not be so fond of you, either.

If anger permeates my posts, I guess smarmy sanctimony permeates yours? Nobody has a reason to dislike me as a neighbor at all. Hell, I never bother them at all. Never say a word to them and my house looks great since the recent remodeling. The anytime minutes thing was clearly a joke. So to the folks whining about my stance on private property, let me ask you a question. If you lived nextdoor to me& I never played loud music, never stepped foot on your property, and completely left you alone, you would find this to be some kind of a frustrating affront to a friendship you'd be deeply yearning to begin?

Latest posts

Back