Neighbors Partner 1612

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My neighbor knows about my passion for chainsaws so he starts telling me about a Partner he has that doesn't run. I told him, let's go get it. He finally located in the pole building & hands it to me. I've never seen one of these. I brought it home & started disasssembling it. The plug looked as black as coal. I see on the top of the saw is a sticker that says, mix at 25:1. While I was cleaning the plug I saw there was a small peice of the ceramic that encases the electrode missing. After taking the carb apart, I noticed what looked like the same color paint as the saw plugging up a small round screen on the top side of the carb. Cleaned the carb up making sure the passages were clear. The fuel smelled like kerosene. I put some fresh 40:1 in it & finished cleaning the entire saw up as it looked like it had never been cleaned. I reassembled the saw & pulled on the starter handle. It fell apart in 4 pieces. :( As you can see by the pics, I replaced it with a custom handle. :laugh: Pulled on it about 10 times & she fired right up. Even the manual oiler works. All I had to do then is turn the idle down as the chain was spinning while idling. It has great throttle reponse so I decided not to adjust the H & L screws. My neighbor was as happy as a pig in sh!t. Charge ....free, have a nice day.

partner1612001custom.jpg

partner1612004custom.jpg

partner1612002custom.jpg

partner1612003custom.jpg

partner1612005custom.jpg

that nice

that was verry nice of you , it should make a qulity wheel chock fer the truck. he still needs a saw ha ha. ya kind of smile to your self inside when ya do that. i had to smile when i read it . john t

Thanks for the replies & rep fellas. Bad habit of not resetting the date on the camera after recharging the battery. The neighbor is retired & is a gun finatic. He spends alot of time reloading cast bullets. He saw me cleaning my saw one day & asked me what I was doing. I told him & he replied, " you're suppose to do that?" :dizzy:

Latest posts

Back