Never argue with an idiot

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

c5rulz

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I am on another forum, (not firewood) and this guy posts this video of cutting down a tree.

I made the following comment:

Wow, just wow?????

It is amazing more people don't kill themselves cutting down trees.

No face cut, No PPE, absolutely clueless of proper hinge technique and we won't go into the electric chainsaw.

Surprisingly enough, things went downhill from there.https://************************/smilies/picard.gif

See here: https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/off-topic/4434296-the-things-i-do-for-barbecue.html

Kinda sad. Dude could’ve learned something.

Cutting trees is a mighty dangerous thing to do. Even on this forum I see many felling trees and NEVER LOOKING UP! Everything that will kill you is above. One should be proficient enough with the saw that you don't have to look at it. You need to be looking up.

Well, to be honest, we all start out knowing nothing. He's not completely clueless. The straps help control the direction of fall (which are needed when there is no face cut!), and he was smart enough to run (although it wasn't the 'proper' direction). It wasn't going to fall any other direction anyway, so I'd say he did all right.

And an electric chainsaw still gets the job done. My first saw was electric, and I cut quite a bit with that thing before it died. It's the right saw for that guy's skill level.

Of course, there are better and safer ways to take that thing down, but he did all right.

Yes we do all start off as novices, but I think the issue C5 brings up is that after he alerted the fellow of the multitude of safety issues, the guy more or less told him to FO, repeatedly.

A fool convinced of his own intelligence is a dangerous person indeed.

FWIW the fool also does not give a F about what we think :givebeer:

Yes we do all start off as novices, but I think the issue C5 brings up is that after he alerted the fellow of the multitude of safety issues, the guy more or less told him to FO, repeatedly.

Aptly put. You Sir are certainly more of a diplomat than I am, Kudos.:numberone:

Very true...

I like the part where he says he will split it and be ready to burn it in a couple of months. Living in Georgia, that Live Oak aint gonna be ready that soon. I'm just a little south of him, and it just doesn't season that fast here.

Thanks for sharing, far as I can tell, every other poster on that thread has let he cheese slip off their cracker. How can you spend any time there?

I like the part where he says he will split it and be ready to burn it in a couple of months. Living in Georgia, that Live Oak aint gonna be ready that soon. I'm just a little south of him, and it just doesn't season that fast here.

Thanks for sharing, far as I can tell, every other poster on that thread has let he cheese slip off their cracker. How can you spend any time there?

This is off topic, sometimes there is some really funny and entertaining stuff going on.

Back