Never thought I'd do it.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ancy

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
But I did.

attachment.php

I'm a cookie cutter:cry:

View attachment 226299

I agree. I wouldn't be making cookies if that was my wood. The color of red cedar varies from tree to tree and that one looks really good. Also looks like there isn't much white sap wood. Knots in cedar gives the wood character.

Last edited:
I like to keep a couple chunks of cedar under the seat of my truck. Better than one of those little Christmas tree air fresheners.

That will get you your man card for sure. Just through a piece under the wifes Nissan's seat.

I like to keep a couple chunks of cedar under the seat of my truck. Better than one of those little Christmas tree air fresheners.

That will get you your man card for sure. Just through a piece under the wifes Nissan's seat.

And I thought I was the only that put cedar cookies under his truck seat. :msp_thumbsup:

Sweet wood that red cedar is :biggrin: an it makes some awesome flag poles as well. Got my eye on about a 30' clean and straight tree that may come down in the next couple years. :msp_smile:

Put up a 24' pole on an existing steel structure last Summer, came out nice .. perfectly vertical with ss hardware and a copper cap.

fly's every day. :flag:

They are like weeds here, all you want bring a trailer.

Well what part of Iowa are you in that good Cedar grows like weeds? I am sitting here looking out my window at Iowa now. Yes the Cedar does grow like weeds but not good Cedar.

Bill

I,m in Victoria Australia. How long would it take me to get there with my trailer? Can I have half a load of hard maple too?

:rock:

Just depends on how fast the cargo ship you'll have to take can get across the Pacific. :msp_smile:

The white and Red cedar trees grow like weeds around my area too. I grew up going in the woods, finding a good straight tree and making flag/light poles, or grabbing a red to cut the centers out and using them in the closets. Great trees for all sorts of cool stuff...:msp_smile:

Back