New 1 ton options

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My chips truck is a Ram 3500 diesel. It has a steel chip box, which holds close to 15 yards. I threw airbags on it and it hauls a full load and pulls a BC1000 easily.

My tandem rear International only hauls 10 yards. Figure 10 yards is around 25,000-30,000 lbs.
I mean it could in theory hold probably 32 yards (8x18x6) but that would break the truck!

As for the baby truck 12 or 14ft bed is my choice. I have a 12 on 2 trucks and 14 on another.

Barn doors for a tailgate, at least for dumping firewood, logs or sawdust. Or a "high lift" gate.

My tandem rear International only hauls 10 yards. Figure 10 yards is around 25,000-30,000 lbs.
I mean it could in theory hold probably 32 yards (8x18x6) but that would break the truck!

As for the baby truck 12 or 14ft bed is my choice. I have a 12 on 2 trucks and 14 on another.

Barn doors for a tailgate, at least for dumping firewood, logs or sawdust. Or a "high lift" gate.
10 yards of what weighs 25,000 lbs?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

?????

A dump body is sized according to the truck frame. The side rails a different body to body. They aren't sized according to the weight of what you're hauling.

Most trucks have a std frame width. 34" I believe (maybe 32")

Back