New 346XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TFPace

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
New 346XP

I was checking on new Husky 346XP. Dealer says they are back-ordered. In looking on-line i.e. Ebay all I am seeing are green cap machines...meaning they are CAT muffler-ed.

Is Husqvarna building any non cat 346 XP's for the USA market?

Thanks,

Tom

The model has been replaced by the 550xp here, but I believe most US 346xp saws have been non-cat the last few years - but I don't know the current situation.
Also, new 346xps shouldn't be on Ebay at all, as it is against Huskys policy.

Yes, they are available. Maybe not in some warehouses due to a shortage or something, but there should be plenty of dealers with a non-cat 346 in stock.

Contact the seller on Ebay. Chances are it's not Cat Model. I bought one from the Dealer in Jacksonville last summer, and it was non Cat.

Mostly non-cats now, they are using a generic photo on ebay.

My dealer sells a lot of 346s' and has not had a green cap (E-Tech) in over two years.

Both dealers near me have 346XP's on their shelves. On sale too. I think your dealer wants to sell you something else. Do a zip code dealer locator and start calling. Punch in different zip codes, if need be.

346xp

I am trying to find a good deal on a new one and I have no dealer in my town that carries them. I see alamia has them for 489.00 free shipping. Is this the price you are finding at local dealers? I'm not sure if those are Non-cat or not. I will call tomorrow. I found a jonsered 2153c at local dealer for 480.00.

Save yourself the questions and get an echo cs500p amazing little saw, weighs less than 346xp or ms 261. Can't go wrong with it.

Save yourself the questions and get an echo cs500p amazing little saw, weighs less than 346xp or ms 261. Can't go wrong with it.

I don't think he's trying to start another war here.....and neither am I . Just looking for the specific saw! Hope you don't find this reply rude, not meaning it to be so.

Net vs. local

I see alamia has them for 489.00 free shipping. Is this the price you are finding at local dealers? I'm not sure if those are Non-cat or not. I will call tomorrow.

Tolow4U,

Alamia has the lowest prices on the net IMO. Norwalk has great prices to and offers an extra chain.. Dealer here in NC is $509.00 MSRP plus tax which is 6.75%

So 533.75 -489.00= 44.75 worth of savings. I like keeping it local but I doubt a dealer is going to shave that much margin off of this saw. I understand the state has to get it's cut too... but $44.75 is a lot of cash and I have never had any of my Husqvarna saws in or warranty claim in 15+ years:rock:

Tolow4U,

Alamia has the lowest prices on the net IMO. Norwalk has great prices to and offers an extra chain.. Dealer here in NC is $509.00 MSRP plus tax which is 6.75%

So 533.75 -489.00= 44.75 worth of savings. I like keeping it local but I doubt a dealer is going to shave that much margin off of this saw. I understand the state has to get it's cut too... but $44.75 is a lot of cash and I have never had any of my Husqvarna saws in or warranty claim in 15+ years:rock:

I definitely try to keep money locally, but I don't have a local dealer. I would think the closest dealer would be about an hour from me and since this website is here I don't feel I will need to have anything serviced by a dealer! This place has already caused my wife to be thinking I'm looking at #### or something! I just looked at Norwalk and that is a better deal than Alamia. I will call dealers tomorrow and see if anyone is close in price.

Last edited:
I am trying to find a good deal on a new one and I have no dealer in my town that carries them. I see alamia has them for 489.00 free shipping. Is this the price you are finding at local dealers? I'm not sure if those are Non-cat or not. I will call tomorrow. I found a jonsered 2153c at local dealer for 480.00.

The "C" in 2153C means that it has a cat muffler.

Back