New 361

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pbuehning

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Merry Christmas!
Well my wife and girls did give me a new 361-C & case, for Xmas. I'm stihl in shock, I never thought that would happen. I am definitely a lucky guy. Question, I thought I read that the "C" wasn't really necessary, just something else to break? Quick stop or standard - thoughts, please!!!
I am thinking of exchanging it for a standard 361, use the difference for some chains/25" bar. East coast hardwoods - skip, semi or full comp on the 25", I really won't be using 25" that much, but it'll be nice to have.

Can't wait to to drop this sucker in and let it work - I wish that the break-in period wasn't so long, but all good things are worth waiting for!

Will post some pics soon.: chainsaw:

Your wife is smart lady! Good choice for a saw..

The "C" works fine - but most wouldn't choose to pay for it up front. Just make sure you always let the saw throttle down before you take your hand off the rear handle (we all should!) and it will last a lifetime.

I personally wouldn't want the C model, and I think that's the general opinion on the forum here. I also understand that you don't want full comp on the 25" bar. I'm not sure if you want full skip or not.

Yous Stihl guys and your Pre madona 25" bars....:deadhorse:

I run the 24" stihl bar on my 7900. They are 84DL, just like everybody else's 24" bar.

Ok I'm done with my rant. :laugh:

MERRY CHRISTMAS

I would be very happy with a new 361 for Xmas... lol.

I think your wife and girls had safety in mind when they got you the upgraded "C" model.

I also think your idea of trading it in for the standard 361 and buying some extra chains is a better idea! Why don't you save up and put a 25" bar on your 660 when you buy that:D ? An 18" on that 361 should be about perfect.

blsnelling said:
I personally wouldn't want the C model, and I think that's the general opinion on the forum here. I also understand that you don't want full comp on the 25" bar. ,,,

Same from me, and full skip with a 25" bar. ;)

Haywire Haywood said:
What's the 'C' again? I missed that discussion.

Ian

It has the Quickstop "Super" chain-brake, making the brake go to the on position as soon as you hand leaves the rear handle....:bang: :bang:

..as long as it isn't blocked by woodchips and other debris.......:jawdrop: :jawdrop:

pbuehning said:
Merry Christmas!
Well my wife and girls did give me a new 361-C & case, for Xmas. I'm stihl in shock, I never thought that would happen. I am definitely a lucky guy. Question, I thought I read that the "C" wasn't really necessary, just something else to break? Quick stop or standard - thoughts, please!!!
I am thinking of exchanging it for a standard 361, use the difference for some chains/25" bar. East coast hardwoods - skip, semi or full comp on the 25", I really won't be using 25" that much, but it'll be nice to have.

Can't wait to to drop this sucker in and let it work - I wish that the break-in period wasn't so long, but all good things are worth waiting for!

Will post some pics soon.: chainsaw:

If you keep the saw I for one would like to here more about it after
you use it. As for the breaking in, I use a new saw the same as a
broken in saw, just watch holding it wide open with out a load on it
and don't get cheap on the 2-cycle oil buy the Stihl oil IMO.

I have the 280 with the quick chain brake and use it as an extra safety device when clearing cedar. No problems to date. I like it but the opinion varies.:givebeer:

SawTroll said:
It has the Quickstop "Super" chain-brake, making the brake go to the on position as soon as you hand leaves the rear handle....:bang: :bang:

..as long as it isn't blocked by woodchips and other debris.......:jawdrop: :jawdrop:

Saw Troll, always the "realist".

Mark

fishhuntcutwood said:
Yeah, leave it to Niko to provide us with common sense and sound knowledge. That guy is out of control! :laugh: :laugh:

He's a little hung up on weight though. He might not like me as much in real life, since I'm a good 35lbs overweight. Then again, I'm 1/2 Norwegian, so that might make it better...maybe. :laugh:

Mark

oldsaw said:
He's a little hung up on weight though. He might not like me as much in real life, since I'm a good 35lbs overweight. Then again, I'm 1/2 Norwegian, so that might make it better...maybe. :laugh:
Mark

:ices_rofl: :rockn:

Yes, sure it will!

I am not as hung up on the weight issues when it comes to my own saws, as I am on the forum - it is just one of several factors.

...and my overweight isn't far from yours, I believe....:pumpkin2:

Back