New 440's still available?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are in most of the US. A lot of dealers are stocking them again.

They are around the $830 or so in my area. I think out west you can get them a little cheaper.

My Dealer has a bunch of NIB 440's in a storage area above his shop.

The 440 is so good you won't even notice the flippy caps.:clap:

I bought one new in the box about 4 months ago around the 800 mark. Never fueled her...waiting for my '03 to crap out. Whats the deal with "flippy caps"? I have'nt ever had an issue with toolless caps. :confused:

I bought one new in the box about 4 months ago around the 800 mark. Never fueled her...waiting for my '03 to crap out. Whats the deal with "flippy caps"? I have'nt ever had an issue with toolless caps. :confused:

Believe it or not, some people are not able to successfully operate them. Then A holes like me make hypothetical comments like, "anyone that can't operate a flippy cap should not be allowed to drive a vehicle". Then a hypothetical fistfight breaks out and at least one person gets banned. Then, it all cools down and we do it again in a few months. It's lots of fun.

My Dealer has a bunch of NIB 440's in a storage area above his shop.

The 440 is so good you won't even notice the flippy caps.:clap:

Odd as it sounds, but Stihl never offered the MS440 for sale here, as they didn't regard it as competetive......:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Believe it or not, some people are not able to successfully operate them. Then A holes like me make hypothetical comments like, "anyone that can't operate a flippy cap should not be allowed to drive a vehicle". Then a hypothetical fistfight breaks out and at least one person gets banned. Then, it all cools down and we do it again in a few months. It's lots of fun.

Correct, anyone over the age of 13 being of sound mind and body should be able to operate a flippy cap successfully 100% of the time.
That is all

I'm a few centuries over 13... but my damn MS200 oil cap gets me now and them. 1cc of overfill and it won't lock down. The worst is when my BR600 gas cap come off and pours gas down my pants and into my boots. Anyone ever tell you that gas in the crack burns?:msp_w00t:

Oh.. I missed the part about being of sound mind.

Back