New 550XP or Used 353 ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, so here is some follow up.

GetAttachmentThumbnail

Although we got a late start last Sunday, we did get out and cut some wood :chainsaw:

I got to try out my new (To Me) Husky 353, and put her into some almost bar deep wood:surprised3:, Not surprisingly, it wouldn't keep up with my "Old Reliable" 266XP in that wood, But I never expected it too.

I was HAPPY overall with the 353's Performance, there have been numerous times when a 24" Bar on the 266 was overkill, and the 23 Compact was overworked, so the 353 filled a "NEED" Very well, and is a Definitely Welcome addition to "Treating" my CAD affliction. I can see that the 353 will get a lot of use, there will be plenty of times that it will be the Just Right saw, especially when having to pack a saw up a hill or in other Awkward (should just walk away from) situations.

It was a Joy running the new saw, old Reliable finished the rest of the tree beyond this cut, and was like an old Friend, that just feels right in my hands, plus the 23 Compact got some exercise limbing and light work, Plus the Wife got to Finally use her New 445 that she got for Christmas:crazy2:.

The 3120XP and the 460 rancher, stayed in the truck(the 460R's permanent home)

GetAttachmentThumbnail

GetAttachmentThumbnail

All in All, even with the late start, it was a Great day to be up in the Woods, we had some Great weather, Beautiful scenery, and just the two of us, we even brought home about 3/4 of a cord of wood as a Bonus ;)

Doug :cheers:

Okay, so here is some follow up.

GetAttachmentThumbnail

Although we got a late start last Sunday, we did get out and cut some wood :chainsaw:

I got to try out my new (To Me) Husky 353, and put her into some almost bar deep wood:surprised3:, Not surprisingly, it wouldn't keep up with my "Old Reliable" 266XP in that wood, But I never expected it too.

I was HAPPY overall with the 353's Performance, there have been numerous times when a 24" Bar on the 266 was overkill, and the 23 Compact was overworked, so the 353 filled a "NEED" Very well, and is a Definitely Welcome addition to "Treating" my CAD affliction. I can see that the 353 will get a lot of use, there will be plenty of times that it will be the Just Right saw, especially when having to pack a saw up a hill or in other Awkward (should just walk away from) situations.

It was a Joy running the new saw, old Reliable finished the rest of the tree beyond this cut, and was like an old Friend, that just feels right in my hands, plus the 23 Compact got some exercise limbing and light work, Plus the Wife got to Finally use her New 445 that she got for Christmas:crazy2:.

The 3120XP and the 460 rancher, stayed in the truck(the 460R's permanent home)

GetAttachmentThumbnail

GetAttachmentThumbnail

All in All, even with the late start, it was a Great day to be up in the Woods, we had some Great weather, Beautiful scenery, and just the two of us, we even brought home about 3/4 of a cord of wood as a Bonus ;)

Hey Doug :hi:.
Sounds like a nice day.
I can't see any of your pictures :thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpictures:.

Awe Nuts, some times I have trouble with pics I will have to work on it.

But Yes, it was a Great Day, and the new 353 ran like a Champ, and I was very Happy with how it handled, it will be a very useful saw to have around.

I will see what I can do about those pics, but I am neither a Techno Nerd, or a Gadget Geek:(

Back