New 562XP Questions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WSJchester

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I just purchased one off the auction site and got it yesterday. Purchased from a stocking dealer in a neighboring state because everyone locally was pretty much MSRP ($750 for 20") plus NY tax @8%. This one was new but on the shelf at the dealership and sold as "new, other" for $630 delivered, no tax. A $190 difference and the 12-month paypal financing deal tipped the scale and I couldn't pass it up. I did call the dealer before buying to confirm that it was a 2014 model, which it is.

My questions are just what - if anything - I should do or be aware of in the absence of the normal local dealer support? I unboxed it (it was advertised as "not in original box" and came in one for a 455 or something), snugged all muffler, AV, and handle bolts, checked cylinder bolts were not loose but didn't actually check torque because I don't have an allen extension rigged up yet to do so, pulled plug and checked gap, put it together and fired it twice no problem. Didn't run long, just long enough to start cold and again slightly warm to make sure it did because it was after dark and I had no handy log to stick it in. Fuel is non-ethanol 91 octane, oil is Stihl HP ultra, mix is 50:1.

I've read the manual and the tons of posts here - anything anyone can think of I should be especially attentive to or know about? I don't have the capability to vacuum test it for any air leaks but sort of wish I did since that sort of issue, with the AT compensating/masking the problem, seems the worst case scenario. I'm surprisingly paranoid about this purchase, partly because of the new to me AT and partly (maybe mostly) because it was an internet purchase.

Thanks. -Scott

From what I was told to do with mine to set the auto tune was put your longest bar on and bury it in a few cuts
65e61b5e0a033ca6964bcede062b55f4.jpg
that's how mine was broke in with a 32 and a semi skip in a cedar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

that's how mine was broke in with a 32 and a semi skip in a cedar

Uh-oh, looks like I'm not going to have any way to break it in it that's what's required! I was considering a 22" deadfall pignut hickory as the likely candidate but your pic makes me want to tuck my tail and send it back and maybe put an edge on the electric knife for use in my woodlot.:(

Just find the biggest round and sink it in so it has load is the main thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dang it, just went to shed to check serial so I could register and looked at carb - it is the EL46. Serial # is 2014 0800193, so apparently this unit predates the EL48 update. So now the ebay dice roll gets riskier.

I'm also going to contact the dealer about the winter kit, which I was told over the phone came with the saw but didn't arrive here. Maybe not essential, but we do occasionally get some winter here, sometimes a lot of it. They did register the saw with Husqvarna though, which surprised me.

Guess I'll see just what the hell I bought on Saturday when I "run it in". Supposed to be sunny and 30 and the ground ought to be frozen enough to get the tractor back on the hill to cut. Fingers crossed . . .

Yeah, go cut wood and don't worry about which carb it has. There are a hell of a lot more good EL46 carbs out there than bad ones.

Mine has the EL46 and i never had a problem after the stumble off idle went away after the first tank of fuel.

Thanks, just sort of jittery about the whole experience and not able to try it properly doesn't help. Altitude here is ~1500 feet, and I don't think I routinely cut anywhere above ~1800, so that's a positive. And you're in Lake Ontario below 250 or so, so sea level cutting opportunities are minimal.:)

I am at about 1200-1300 feet here, only time I cut low to the ice is when I am setting a line!

Ha! Being a licensed immigrant to New York, I have to confess that's one bug that hasn't bitten me. I've come to love cross country skiing but draw the line at sitting on a bucket in the middle of a windswept frozen lake to catch the same bluegills you pooh-pooh in summer. Clearly an acquired taste.

Ha! Being a licensed immigrant to New York, I have to confess that's one bug that hasn't bitten me. I've come to love cross country skiing but draw the line at sitting on a bucket in the middle of a windswept frozen lake to catch the same bluegills you pooh-pooh in summer. Clearly an acquired taste.

You never fully experienced it, ice fishing is like hunting in these parts, 95% community and 5% actual hunting. Its a great means to actually engage in face to face time, actually having a conversation with somebody.

Rule 81. Take out a phone on the lake its going down the hole.

Latest posts

Back