New addition to my wood processing endeavors

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gemniii

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Well I got tired moving logs by hand and didn't want to keep borrowing my CIL's 30hp tractor so I got authorization from SWMBO to buy another tractor. I figured something that would lift a ton on the 3 point, 4WD with a FEL and about 40HP (engine) would do for my needs. With a budget of < $15K pickings were pretty slim.

But

View attachment 274695 View attachment 274696

Not impossible.

Kubota M4700, 51HP/42HP PTO, 1,400 hours, seemingly well maintained by a local highway department. With enough money left over to get an 8" PTO chipper :)

Well I got tired moving logs by hand and didn't want to keep borrowing my CIL's 30hp tractor so I got authorization from SWMBO to buy another tractor. I figured something that would lift a ton on the 3 point, 4WD with a FEL and about 40HP (engine) would do for my needs. With a budget of < $15K pickings were pretty slim.

But

View attachment 274695 View attachment 274696

Not impossible.

Kubota M4700, 51HP/42HP PTO, 1,400 hours, seemingly well maintained by a local highway department. With enough money left over to get an 8" PTO chipper :)
Nice Tractor:rock::rock:

Just when I was getting over my last case of tractor envy! Of course, you could have bought 20 or 30 chain saws for that kind of money. Think about getting a PTO winch. I use mine a lot, to pull logs out of the woods. It'll also come in handy when you get that beast (or anything) stuck in the mud.

Just when I was getting over my last case of tractor envy! Of course, you could have bought 20 or 30 chain saws for that kind of money. Think about getting a PTO winch. I use mine a lot, to pull logs out of the woods. It'll also come in handy when you get that beast (or anything) stuck in the mud.

Yeah I know. But what would I do with 20 more 088's and Alaskan Mark III's?

View attachment 275196

Like this setup I got for $450.

Latest posts

Back