• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold New, and NOS D196/096 Bars 30-36"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jon1212

Riff Raff Fart Knocker from other Forum's.
Reaction score
These bars all have a 3/8" (9.5mm) bar slot, and oil passages from the adjuster holes, as well. They fit many larger Homelite, Poulan, Poulan Pro, Partner, and Pioneer models. With the addition of a stud spacer/ S Clip they can also be run on many models with 5/16" bar studs.
All included shipping is to the lower 48 States.
D196.jpg

Top to Bottom;

6X Poulan Sprocket Nose branded (5 have S Clip in bar slot) 36" 3/8ths 050. $85.00ea/ shipped. (2 Sold!)

7X Sandvik/ Windsor UXL (same as D196/096) 30" 3/8ths 050. $65.00ea/ shipped.

2X Oregon Branded D196 32" 404 063 $75.00ea/ shipped. (1 Sold!) I have 3/8ths 3 rivet tips to go with these.

1X Oregon Branded D196 36" 404 063 $90.00ea (Sold!)
0.gif

May be interested later on one of the sandviks for my pm 1000.got to get a check in the mail first.

Wow. More great bars. Jonathan you may wanna mention that these are new/NOS as well.

For the guys that don't know.............those bars will go right on a Homelite SXL-925, 450, 550, 650, or 750. They'll also go right on a Poulan 6900/7700/8500 or a Poulan Pro 455/525/655 series saw, or an Echo CS900EVL (or larger old Echos). There are larger Remington saws that can run these bars too.

If a fellow opens up the stud slot a tad (from 9.5mm to 10mm), then he'll have a bar suitable for use on big old Jonsereds saws (80, 90, 801, 820, 830, 910, 920, 930, 111, 111S, 110, etc). IIRC, the original mount for those is Oregon D024, and is getting hard to find. I successfully modified a D096 bar for use on a Jonsereds 621 a couple years ago. 5 minutes with a bastard file...

As Jonathan stated, with the addition of stud spacers (coil spring or 'S' clip type), these bars will work on 5/16" stud Poulan CounterVibe saws (4200-5400), XL-800 series Homelites, or an Echo CS800/8000. The 'S' spacers can be found on ebay sometimes, and can also be replicated using a piece of a windshield wiper spring. The coil spring spacers can be made by cutting approximately 4 coils from a hardware store 3/8" extension spring. I've made both types of spacers....

The Windsor UXL mount bars that I have also have oil passages from the adjuster holes to the chain groove. If Jonathan's bars have these passages (and I'm sure he can easily check for us), then these bars can also be used on a large frame McCulloch (SP-125, 550, etc) with the right bar plates.

I have a 32" Oregon 3 rivet bar just like the one pictured here, and also has those oiler passages (while current production D096/D196 bars do not). Because of this, I'm running that bar on my McCulloch Super 250 (again with the correct bar plates). I'm eyeing those 32" and 36" bars and thinking seriously about grabbing them for my large frame Macs. Dangit. My 'bar tab' keeps getting bigger. Somebody rescue me from myself here.......

CAM00410_zps735f734c.jpg

Wait, so you are saying that 32" Oregon will fit my Super 250 with no mods to the bar?

Wait, so you are saying that 32" Oregon will fit my Super 250 with no mods to the bar?

No mods to the bar yes. However..................you MUST have the late style inner bar plate that looks like an enlarged 10-series bar plate. This one has two large symmetrical slots. The bar will oil correctly with that bar plate.

IF you have the early style inner bar plate that has one large adjuster slot on the bottom, and a much thinner oiler slot on the top............then this bar (and the McCulloch 'slim line' bars) will not oil right.

To run that 32" Oregon bar (or a 'slim line' Mac bar) you must also use a set of the 'spacer bar plates' that Mac sold for use on large frame Mac saws when running a 'slim line' bar. These spacer plates are being sold on ebay by at least two sellers. They look like the late style symmetrical bar plates..........................but they're made of thicker metal and don't have the flared 'wings' on the upper and lower edges.

Contact me for some links to listings with pics if needed. It makes more sense when you can see what I'm going on about....

Bar just arrived! Couldn't be happier! Here are a few pictures. Things to note:

wife found it before I got home, but she wasn't concerned (thanks for the notes on the package),

Item is perfect

I need my chain already

I need a bigger "model" next time, she could barely hold it up.

etymeny7.jpg

9eje3eru.jpg

e8yna5uh.jpg

vuhasuga.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Just received my 36 Poulan bar. Everything was very well packaged and arrived promptly. Jonathan is someone i would highly recommend. Very representative of the way all business should be conducted here on AS. Thanks again Jon, looking forward to future purchases my friend!

Back