New bar and chain for Husky 350

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hamonrye

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I want to get an extra bar a chain for my new 350. Are the Carltons combos for $19.95 at Baileys any good? Or would I be better off to go with a different combo?

hamonrye said:
I want to get an extra bar a chain for my new 350. Are the Carltons combos for $19.95 at Baileys any good? Or would I be better off to go with a different combo?

It is a good deal for the price. The chain is a safety chain, that may or may not bother you.
Rob

The bar in that combo is probably a quite serviceable narrow kerf bar, ....

Edit; deleted comments about the chain, see post 8.

Last edited:
What would I be giving up or gaining with this chain? I would be safer but will it take longer to cut and will it last as long and stay as sharp as the other styles?

According to the link, the chain just has bumper drive links. They are not all that bad. You should be able to bore cut and do everything that you can with a regular, non-safety chain.
If I have a saw that could run .325 I would get the combo.
Rob

Grande Dog said:
This is the chain.
OK - so much for posting second hand info..... :censored:

It doesn't look nearly as bad as I thought it was, but the ramps does look a bit larger than those Oregon are using on the 95VP, and so does the rakers ......

Back