New Bar/Chain for MS 251C

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigiron

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I want to get a new bar and chain for my 251C. Thinking of going with a 16" bar but unsure about a chain. Currently have a 26RM 68 on the 18" bar and it seems ok but that chain is no longer available. My dealer has the 26RS for a 16" bar. The only other option seems to be a RM3. I don't use my saw a lot but when I do I want it to cut fast . I would appreciate advice on a bar/chain combo for my saw.

I want to get a new bar and chain for my 251C. Thinking of going with a 16" bar but unsure about a chain. Currently have a 26RM 68 on the 18" bar and it seems ok but that chain is no longer available. My dealer has the 26RS for a 16" bar. The only other option seems to be a RM3. I don't use my saw a lot but when I do I want it to cut fast . I would appreciate advice on a bar/chain combo for my saw.
The 26RS is the one you want.

Would there be any advantage to converting over to a 3/8,50 bar and chain. This would require a different sprocket correct?

Why is the 26RM 68 not available? Our distributor has them in stock...

Back