New bar for Stihl 361?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slednut3

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I need to replace my 16" bar for my Stihl 361. I am looking for suggestions and even links to where I can find a quality, long lasting bar that does not cost an arm and a leg.

Thanks,

Why are you replacing your bar? Is it because you smashed the tip when the saw kicked back into another log when you were cutting firewood?

yup 20" stihl bar... Stihl bars are good bars and reasonably priced

No smashed tip Patriot. 300-350 cord a year tends to wear out a bar after a few years....especially when you tend to stick with a chain a little long than you should. I have a 20" bar and run it often but I have alot 16" chains and prefer to run 16s when cutting up tops in tight quarters. My last ES bar did not impress me compared to a Total bar I had years ago. I was wondering if there was a better bar out there at a comparable price to the ES bars?

Yeah.... I was only asking cuz I just did that with my 460...... dammit

Anyways, the stihl bars are fair priced and as good as any. Any stihl dealer will sell ya one. Or if you go to Bailey's (Baileysonline.com) you can get an Oregon one.

Latest posts

Back