New bearins and piston

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
meb9796

meb9796

ArboristSite Lurker
I got my hands on a 3400 anti-vibe Poulan (198?) and after trying a few things, I took it over to a small engine repair guy and he called yesterday saying it needed new bearings and piston. I only paid 25usd for the saw and I got myself a MS290 :biggrinbounce2: while I was waiting for this one to get fixed, so I can't see spending a fortune on having someone else repair it.

Two questions:
1) how hard is it to find these parts
2) how hard are they to replace?

I do a lot of DIY work, but this saw just kicked my butt :bang: . Anyway, any information would be welcome!!

meb9796

meb9796

ArboristSite Lurker
sorry for the late response, was out of town. I got the saw back and he showed me that the sprocket that runs the saw is loose and he said the seal under it was also probably bad, which was messing up my idle. Don't remember if he said he took it apart or not, but pretty sure he said the piston was scored too.

Jacob J.
sorry for the late response, was out of town. I got the saw back and he showed me that the sprocket that runs the saw is loose and he said the seal under it was also probably bad, which was messing up my idle. Don't remember if he said he took it apart or not, but pretty sure he said the piston was scored too.

Edge and Engine, one of our sponsors, has all of those parts.