New blue Bosch plugs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stihl041avhog

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Have you guys seen these yet? What do you run in your stihls and Husqvarna? I run the bosch wsr6f in my stihls and the nkg's bpm8y in the husky's.100_0452.JPG

Do yal know the numbers on the NKG'S mine says bpm8y Can you tell a difference over the Bosch>?

If you were asking me, the plugs are specific to the machine. There's like 2 or 3 different NGK's I run. I've run NGK's since high school. They are a good plug, but were a lot cheaper back in the day. $0.59 comes to mind when I was working in the m/c shop while in high school. If you shop around, you can still find a fair price on um.

As far as Bosch vs. NGK and how they perform? IMHO, one is as good as the other. I primarily look for NGK when I get low on plugs. Bosch runs a close 2nd.

Agreed, all the ngks I've seen are made in Japan. Wish it was made in usa, but its much better than made in china.

Given a choice, I'd rather see NGK still made in Japan, vs. the USA.

If made in the USA, price would certainly go up and quality would go down. I don't like saying that, but it is what it is.

I used to run only bosch. I'm a vw head and they go hand in hand. Then I had a bosch platinum lose the ceramic from around the electrode into my 16v passat... Smoke became a regular thing and bosch went out the door. Freak happening? Probably. It sucks throwing away a fresh motor for a 2 dollar plug failure. I emailed bosch and they wouldn't even replace the plug.

Ngk for me.

All of the bosch plugs I have are made in Germany.

When I bought my 2003 BMW R1150 RT motorcycle way back in Nov. of 2002, it came with Bosch Platinum sparkplugs with the wire electrode.

After about 5K miles, I pulled the plugs to find one of the wire electrodes almost burned to nothing. I was shocked to see that. I decided that Bosch plugs would never again go in my bike. I purchased some regular ole NGK plugs and they have performed flawlessly. My bike now has approx. 35K miles on it, and I still run the NGK's.

I was raised on ngk plugs in everything. That's just how the old man is. From saws to dirt bikes to the old pickup truck. Never seen a failure caused by an ngk plug. But since the Cummins doesn't have spark plugs it has Bosch injectors lol

I run Bosch plugs in all my saws good plugs
8ce3.jpg

Just to point out that any product is not fool proof (said he throwing a spanner in the NGK works) we buy plugs in boxes of 10, the last but one box we had, out of the 5 taken from the box the first 3 wouldn"t spark at all & the next 2 the saws fitted with them ran like crap, but had been OK before fitting & were OK with the old plug refitted, the box was returned to the supplier & we had to wait over 2 months for NGK to admit they were faulty & refund, the only 2 brands of spark plugs ( used over the last 35 years that has had zero problems were KLG ( no longer manufactured ) & Nippon Denso ( now in our area ) almost unobtainable. all other brands have had some sorts of problems. But looking at the bigger picture the more units produced the greater the % chance of failures, in this throw away world it"s a pay your money & take your pick ( as an aside posters on here really take swipes at Champion) no doubt with good reason, & yet we have had less problems with them, than with either NGK or Bosch, so it"s all a bit take it as you find it.

Several threads on it already. Used to run and sale NGK and Bosch. Till I had bad boxes of new NGK plugs in saws causing problems.
Same for other folks I found out here and other places. I gave away the rest of the NGK's and only stock Bosch and run Bosch in my stuff now.

Back