New chain for the 346 thoughts on 20rcs?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oregon_Rob

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
As I am a contractor, as much as I hate to, I sometimes use my saws for demo. After 3 deck demos, the 95vp is toast. Need new chain for the 346xp with a 20" bar and opend up muffler. I am going to get one loop of the Oregon 95vp, but was thinking about a woodsmanpro 20RCS (round chisel, skip). Anyone use a .325 Skip chain? The rcs would be for tree work only, not demo.
BTW, 20" bar works great on my 346.

Thanks,

Rob

As I am a contractor, as much as I hate to, I sometimes use my saws for demo. After 3 deck demos, the 95vp is toast. Need new chain for the 346xp with a 20" bar and opend up muffler. I am going to get one loop of the Oregon 95vp, but was thinking about a woodsmanpro 20RCS (round chisel, skip). Anyone use a .325 Skip chain? The rcs would be for tree work only, not demo.
BTW, 20" bar works great on my 346.

Thanks,

Rob

The NK bar that you probably have for the 95VP may not support non-NK chains as well as an ordinary bar, but it may be worth a try.....

Skip sounds like a good idea for a 20" bar on a 346xp.

Last edited:
Really thought there would be more responses

Thanks ST for responding, Since no one wanted to tell me what they thought, I ordered some and will give it a go :greenchainsaw: next week. Will let you know what I think.

Rob

I just got some last week and love it makes my little saw feel bigger.
I am using it on my truck saw a poulan 4620/295. Just cut some frozen 18'' poplar with it yesterday. on the 16''bar I run full comp and on the 20 {optimistic for that saw} I run the skip. Also less teeth to sharpen.

Back