New chainsaw brand

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sapo_feo

Reaction score
Since I woke up in the middle of the night I figured I'd do what any sane person does at 1:30am on a Saturday; try to find a better carb for the echo 620pw. While looking at my favorite Irish website I saw this:
chainsaw-T7000.jpg

Look familiar? I thought I saw one with an orange top cover once.

Even the Irish are getting into cloning???

What is the world coming to?

I would personally be interested in the 91cc saw, just to see what the quality is like and how it runs..... Depending on the price of course

Pure speculation here but I'd check to see if Stihl is involved before I say it is junk because Stihl might actually be the manufacturer since the parts are of the same mold and tillotson has a history with Stihl.
One example....Pepsi let's Costco sell their product cheaper but they aren't allowed to use the name Pepsi.

i don't believe tillotson would be able to advertise clones of stihls. they must have some kind of deal with stihl that they get to use old stihl saw designs.

uh oh.. I think I've seen the parts required to build the 91cc version .... bet it's chain adjuster and the rubber seals under the caps need to replaced with Stihl parts. AND I bet the pull start needs a drop of oil on the bolt/washer arrangement.... and if that is what I think it is, that's a lot of saw, if done with the right tweaks; regardless of price. Wonder if they come debugged or is the price low enough no one cares. And can they even sell them as whole saws in volume here in the US?? I have my doubts.

uh oh.. I think I've seen the parts required to build the 91cc version .... bet it's chain adjuster and the rubber seals under the caps need to replaced with Stihl parts. AND I bet the pull start needs a drop of oil on the bolt/washer arrangement.... and if that is what I think it is, that's a lot of saw, if done with the right tweaks; regardless of price. Wonder if they come debugged or is the price low enough no one cares. And can they even sell them as whole saws in volume here in the US?? I have my doubts.

tell ya one thing, if that 660 copy made it hear and proved to be reliable like a real 660 then stihl may as well just stop producing the 661 for the canadian market. everyone here hates them. i bought one new when i was on a stihl kick. was cool to have a new saw but i sold it before that shift was over to another guy who has actually had decent luck with it compared to most. i hate the handle bar on them and they suck for everything but bucking when compared to the 660.

Back