New chainsaw husky 365 or stihl 064?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Socalmisfit

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
What’s up guys I need a bigger saw. I have a 455 rancher and want something bigger th chew through these big rounds. I was looking at a 365 or the 064. There is an 064 locally the dude wants 700 obo and I’ve seen 365’s go cheaper. But I can get the 064 now and not have to wait. All input is appreciated, I seen 064’s on here for 450 so was thinking of offering 500. Let me know guys thanks

What’s up guys I need a bigger saw. I have a 455 rancher and want something bigger th chew through these big rounds. I was looking at a 365 or the 064. There is an 064 locally the dude wants 700 obo and I’ve seen 365’s go cheaper. But I can get the 064 now and not have to wait. All input is appreciated, I seen 064’s on here for 450 so was thinking of offering 500. Let me know guys thanks
Whats “bigger”? The two saws ur talking about aren’t in the same category.

Something that can handle a longer bar, up to 28” would be ok.
From memory the 064 weighs like 15lbs...makes like 6.5-7hp and has a 85 cc displacement. I think the Husky is probably a little lighter with better anti-vib but is not close in power to the Stihl.

From memory the 064 weighs like 15lbs...makes like 6.5-7hp and has a 85 cc displacement. I think the Husky is probably a little lighter with better anti-vib but is not close in power to the Stihl.
I’m just looking for something that can handle a 28” bar and not be disappointed with it. I don’t want an 064 if it is expensive to keep up, but would like something that will rip with the 28” bar.

What’s new about either of those saws? $700 for an 064. I didn’t pay that for mine when they were new. Look at Craigslist and buy a Stihl or Husky/ Jonsereds 70 cc saw that’s no older than 2015 for 1/3 of new.

What’s new about either of those saws? $700 for an 064. I didn’t pay that for mine when they were new. Look at Craigslist and buy a Stihl or Husky/ Jonsereds 70 cc saw that’s no older than 2015 for 1/3 of new.
Not around here, I found a guy that wants $850 for a ms461. No thanks, I’ll just buy a new one for $200 more.

Not around here, I found a guy that wants $850 for a ms461. No thanks, I’ll just buy a new one for $200 more.
That’s a guy who has been looking at forum ads. Totally unrealistic. I just sold a 2 year old 2172 for $400. I thought that was a fair price for both buyer and seller. My dealer takes trades from guys like me, goes over the saw and sells them at 1/2 of new. Reading the ads here gives people a very distorted picture of used saw values.

That’s a guy who has been looking at forum ads. Totally unrealistic. I just sold a 2 year old 2172 for $400. I thought that was a fair price for both buyer and seller. My dealer takes trades from guys like me, goes over the saw and sells them at 1/2 of new. Reading the ads here gives people a very distorted picture of used saw values.
I agree it’s insane, I would consider used for maybe half price.

Read my prev post? I sold a 2 year old saw for less than 1/2 of new. 5 year old saws go cheaper. Every guy in the business has a cellar full of used saws he’d sell reasonably. Have you checked with your local saw shop ? How many saws are under the bench waiting to be gone over? Buy one before hand without a warranty. No different than craigslist.

You do realize what they ask and what they get are not always the same figure, right? I see dealers advertising on eBay asking $200+ more than I paid for my 572. That doesn’t mean they’ll get it.
Those are the prices people pay. If you can find me 372’s for 1/3 the price of retail that are cosmetically and mechanically sound please send them my way.

Those are the prices people pay. If you can find me 372’s for 1/3 the price of retail that are cosmetically and mechanically sound please send them my way.
How do you know they pay those prices? I’ve got 2 , 372s Under the bench now. Come look

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back