• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy New cylinder shroud cover for Mcculloch 125 wanted. Anyone?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HuskyShepherd2016

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hello folks! I’m in he market for a engine cylinder shroud for my Mcculloch 1-76 chainsaw. But the shroud I need happens to be for a Mcculloch 125, since the saw was modified to a left hand crank saw and it’s now a mutt rather than a pure 1-76.

The cylinder cover on this cover was treated pretty roughly when the conversion was done, so I’m looking to swap it out. It has some places cut off of it and drilled out, now it doesn’t fit quite flush, and the back end isn’t as secured as the bolted end. This causes it to separate from the flywheel cover and will flex, traping sawdust and unneeded dirt. Also the repeated flexing when cranking it will probably break the flywheel cover over time.

Mcculloch 125 cylinder shroud anyone would like to sell?

Thanks!

My apologies for the delay in response. My father passed away a couple of months ago. I was his medical power of attorney and had to pull the plug. Now I’m the executor handling the estate with absolutely zero help from family. I will have to take it out this weekend and look at it and I’ll send some pictures.

I appreciate that. You are very right about how the situations go. It’s not easy hearing that but your honesty about it is definitely appreciated.
I lost my grandmother in 2018 after she fought a brain disease for 3 years. She slowly lost her short term memory to where you could have the same conversation over and over if you chose. Eventually it took all of her memory and she stopped talking, eating, and shortly after she passed. I remember leaving for work handing her a glass of water, came home she and the glass hadn't appeared to be moved, she passed 3 days later. The family disbanded and doesn't talk to one another anymore

Left hand start shouldn't warrant a SP125 head cover. 795L saws were set up similar to your converted 1-76. Standard shrouds will work fine.

Left hand start shouldn't warrant a SP125 head cover. 795L saws were set up similar to your converted 1-76. Standard shrouds will work fine.
My 1-76 was converted to a left hand one, it was not like that originally. But that’s what’s on the saw right now. I’m just going by what’s there.

Back